My #1 Tip to Improve your Life (and Income!)

What is up with all of these ridiculously basic life/financial advice threads lately?
Fallout from the thread where a long time sherdoger was outed for creating sympathy threads for years to get money out of other sherdogers in what equates to a successful con.

I have servants to lift me up by my bootstraps for me.

What is up with all of these ridiculously basic life/financial advice threads lately?
If you spend all your money today, you shall not have it on the next morrow.

What in the actual shit? I get it's trolling but the people giving invaluable advice like "don't buy things you don't need" and "don't spend more than you have"? What the fuck!! If people who does just that were able to follow that advice there wouldn't fucking be commercials..

Fuck! This triggers me.. sucking your own dick like "yeah, i have this neat little trick i like to call basic personal economics, thank me later"..

God damn it, now i have to go kick my cat and i'll scream at atleast 2 children tomorrow..
Your name fits you.

Pull yourself UP by the bootstraps!

I don't get it, why don't poor and unsuccessful people follow this simple piece of advice?

It worked for me... and works for everybody who does it.

Struggling in life? behind in rent? Need more money or friends?

Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get to work.

Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps was coined as a joke, as in: "what do they expect the poor to do, pull themselves up by their own boot straps?"

A joke because you cannot defy gravity by yanking on your feet.

Motivation and ability are genetically predetermined traits influenced by the environment, one either has the motivation and ability to do so or one doesn't. You don't get it just because you decide to.

You're nearly as bad as that wish nonsense. No offence, I get your coming from a good place, but telling people just to get better doesn't work with a broken leg and it equally doesn't work with fecklessneas and drug abuse.

One thing I DON'T do is blame anyone else for my fuckups. It seems a lot of my country (around half) feels that bitching works best.

another solid tactic is the Full Steam tactic for reducing debt
basically say you have two or more debt payments a month, once one is paid off rather than bask in the savings you'll have afterwards, apply that payment (as you're already living w/in that means theoretically) towards your other payment(s).

Alternatively called the PowerPay or Snowball method

Anytime you can lower the total interest you're paying for the privilege of borrowing, AND potentially reducing the months/payments left over.....you're doing it right IMO.

my 1 tip that i think is useful for anyone, not necessarily to get "rich"
is to read "Getting Things Done" by David Allen and implement it to your work and personal life
non schlocky , straight forward "self help" book that doesnt promise riches or cool friends, but rather gives you a template to better organize your time at work and home

Im too poor to own boots. :(

Fallout from the thread where a long time sherdoger was outed for creating sympathy threads for years to get money out of other sherdogers in what equates to a successful con.

Kinda shame they closed that thread

Now mayberry is all quiet again

Save enough money to buy land, and then use that land to make money. Then retire.

I got my 2nd interview at Chilis tomorrow. Hopefully I make a decent server. If not I'll wash some dishes. Taco bell said they're about to bump me up to 60 hours a week if I want it, but even then they pay shit so it wont be that great of a paycheck

I got my 2nd interview at Chilis tomorrow. Hopefully I make a decent server. If not I'll wash some dishes. Taco bell said they're about to bump me up to 60 hours a week if I want it, but even then they pay shit so it wont be that great of a paycheck

You will pull through

"When life is good,its never as good as you want and when its bad ,it seems like bad times never end but life goes on"

George jungs father from the movie blow

You will pull through

"When life is good,its never as good as you want and when its bad ,it seems like bad times never end but life goes on"

George jungs father from the movie blow
That's a good one. Havent seen blow in years.

Another one of my favorites is ed helms in the office.

“I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them”

Back