MWs react to adesanya's win. Unanimously call him overrated.

Considering his leap to title contention, I think he is overrated.

His striking is slick, but he also:
- Gets hit ( Vettori was tagging him)
- Runs away from any flurries or pressure
- Has no real power in his hands
- Hasn't proven to be a good wrestler

I think guys like Yoel, Gastelum, maybe even a Costa would walk him down, catch him with a bomb and beat the kid up.

"B - b - but your AV is Zabit, He's over hyped"
No, Zabit is steadily working his way up the ranks and will have to be proved himself against some killers to get a TS, Adesanya went from Tavares to Brunson to semi retired Anderson to a TS that shit is ridiculous.

Romero will beat Costa, and Theodorou definitely could too.
I think maybe Costa might be able to beat Theodorou, but yeah, Theodorou is an annoying guy to fight. I just hope he gets knocked out soon but I honestly don't know who would beat him outside the top 8 or so

Costa calling people scrawny while he's a damn lab subject. Hope that goofball gets KOd now.

The replies to the posts are even more, especially to that italian dude.
Yeah I just checked Instagram, his followers don't believe him. LMAO. Most of those "casuals" seem to be smarter than a lot of big mouths here.

Showing their insecurities and fear, it's like fighters and fans that attempted to convince themselves that Jones did bad against OSP.

While costa has literally finished every opponent he ever faced, he actually has only 1 KO in his career and it wasnt even in the UFC. All the rest of his wins are TKOs actually.

Not trying to be a dick here. I was under somewhat the same impression until someone pointed that out to me yesterday.

Lol who cares? All that means is the ref did a good job and stopped the fight before they went unconscious.

they all thought Anderson was washed up and would get KO'd in 1 round

Fighters in the same weight class are trying to downplay a contender's performance to try and get a fight with them? NO WAY!

I wish people would declare the rating they're responding to when they claim "overrated." #6? Top 5? Top 10? They're not even expressing a complete thought.

I guess they're just calling em a bum.

This is exactly what i told the person who pointed that out to me.

Fuck you for the rest of your answer, if you cant argue without insulting someone, lose my number

You didn't point out anything. Now you're changing your stance because mad people in the thread called you out. It's ok to be an Israel fan and it's ok to be a Costa hater. But don't change your stance just because I said your post was dumb. why are you so offended by someone saying what YOU said "dumb"? Grow the fuck up dude, it was criticism for your post and obviously it's something you've never experienced before. Life is tough man and when you say stupid things people will call you on it. Learn from your mistakes and move on. It's not like I called you a profane name or personally insulted you, I just said your observation of Costa was dumb, if you didn't agree with whoever oringally told you, then you wouldn't have brought it back up. Simple as that.

I've been saying that..

He is overrated for sure.

He now has that "Big Name" on his resume but that was a really lackluster fight/performance and showed he ain't got no power in those hands or any killer instinct. imo

Come on Elias....

<{MingNope}>

*i dont necessarily agree with them by the way. Just wanted to make that clear. I think he is good, but i would agree we havent seen much of his ground/wrestling yet.
And he is definitely getting fast tracked by the UFC, so i understand why some would say overrated. Although maybe overhyped would be more fitting.
Also, these guys are jealous as well

Of the four fighters whose tweets you posted, I think he'd be a solid favorite against at least three, and he's already beaten one.

To be far to Adesanya, Silva makes a lot of guys look bad and can make things go from bad to worse for you in seconds, even in his 40s.

So although last weekends main event was basically FeinghtFest 2019, after watching it a few times rounds 1 and 2 were a chess match while round 3 Silva basically sparring with him, didn’t go in for the kill, and was content to lose.

Based on the above (assumption of Silva not trying hard in round 3) I think a lot of fighters will be incorrectly underestimating Adesanya moving forward which basically plays into his hand. I think Yoel and Whitaker could beat him but I can also see that belt floating around between the 3 of them in the next 2 years (assuming Rob can stay healthy and Yoel doesn’t retire).

Overhyped as fuck and knew his performance was lackluster now taking his ball and crying all the way home while the real contenders make their case for a TS

Back