MW Title Picture

Really? Well he was cut for a reason fairly recently and I don't think the UFC is looking to resign him anytime soon.

Im agree in that point. Although if he wins the WSOF title and then he beat Khalidov (Khalidov called him after his last fight and KSW are in talks with Yushin) there is a possibility UFC resign him. I hope so, I definitely consider him a better test for a potential tittle contender than Costa, Carmon, Mu

This guy is coming to get the belt. That is the state of MW.

photo_1.jpg

Until then , Weidman, Machida, Jacare, Vitor can have some fun.

photo_1.jpg

Why too much hype on a 36 yeard old guy who has beaten Derek Brunson after two very close rounds and decisioned Tavares? Sherdog buys hype so easy.

Im agree in that point. Although if he wins the WSOF title and then he beat Khalidov (Khalidov called him after his last fight and KSW are in talks with Yushin) there is a possibility UFC resign him. I hope so, I definitely consider him a better test for a potential tittle contender than Costa, Carmon, Mu

photo_1.jpg

I actually do like Romero, but can we see him beat at least a top 10 guy before we even mention him into title contention conversations.

Would it not be right to give Vitor the winner of Machida/Weidman and have Jacare fight Rockhold for the next title shot? Vitor deserves the shot more than anybody else and Jacare deserves a rematch with Rockhold far more than Rockhold deserves a rematch with Vitor.

Did vitor get licensed?.....six months ago I would have said yeah, but things change fast and I dunno if he still has the spot. Vitor might have to take another fight in between.
Have absolutely no desire to see jacare/rockhold2...at least not yet. If they both want to fight I say make
Jacare vs vitor
And
Rockhold vs Loser weidman/machida

True, I also think that Shields should move back up to 185 and be a gatekeeper there, 'cause let's face it he isn't beating GSP at welterweight so no title fight there.

Jake isn't in the UFC any more and GSP isn't going to be fighting for a while, if he ever fights again.

I actually do like Romero, but can we see him beat at least a top 10 guy before we even mention him into title contention conversations.

You may as well need to see that before you come to the same conclusion. I am confident already. And I am aware I could be wrong.

photo_1.jpg

Lol...Why is it sherdog is so quick to annoint every black dude with some muscles "the next champ"?
Hate to burst your "I love me some darkmeat bubble" but bisbing/kennedy beat yoel EASY(bisbing is to fast for him/kennedy is way too durable and won't need to defend the takedown,because his sub game is lightyears ahead)
And Carmont makes him look like he doesn't belong(but will get no credit for it)

Give it enough exposure(watch more of his fights) and you will soon realize that Yoel=costa..........
They're both niice fighters, but neither dominates the div.

Lol...Why is it sherdog is so quick to annoint every black dude with some muscles "the next champ"?
Hate to burst your "I love me some darkmeat bubble" but bisbing/kennedy beat yoel EASY(bisbing is to fast for him/kennedy is way too durable and won't need to defend the takedown,because his sub game is lightyears ahead)
And Carmont makes him look like he doesn't belong(but will get no credit for it)

Give it enough exposure(watch more of his fights) and you will soon realize that Yoel=costa..........
They're both niice fighters, but neither dominates the div.

potentially racist imo

photo_1.jpg

He got knocked out by Cavalcante and was slowing down a LOT in the third round of the Brad Tavares fight. This guy won't cut it against the top 5.

Weidman and Machida would both destroy him.

Pretty sure that the results of the surprise February drug test are a major stumbling block in promoting Vitor as the top contender.

If he tested under the T limit, and tested negative for all other PEDs, he would have disclosed the results, so it's pretty fair to say that something almost certainly went awry.

With all the questions and media scrutiny surrounding Vitor, I think the UFC is going to make him take another fight before getting the title shot.

P.S. : Romero is old, and has very questionable fight IQ.

It would be wise for Vitor to take a fight while Weidman/Machida plays out. The winner most likely won't fight again until the end of the year.

And obviously there's a huge question mark surrounding Vitor without TRT.

He got knocked out by Cavalcante and was slowing down a LOT in the third round of the Brad Tavares fight. This guy won't cut it against the top 5.

Weidman and Machida would both destroy him.

This. He has looked pretty bad in past fights with no legitimate reasons (last minute fights/two week camp/etc). No reason to think he will ever break top five.

I don't think vitor vs rockhold 2 makes sense. vitor should be next, after he beats Weidman he an defend against rockhold

Vitor is getting the next titles shot. I don't see why anybody else should get the title shot in his place. He is the rightful number one contender and he will be the next champ.

This. He has looked pretty bad in past fights with no legitimate reasons (last minute fights/two week camp/etc). No reason to think he will ever break top five.

He could catch anybody. The odds of him doing so repeatedly against top 5 guys just aren't that high.

Jake isn't in the UFC any more and GSP isn't going to be fighting for a while, if he ever fights again.

Neither Shields or Okami are in the UFC anymore.

Yeah, I know. Only now did I realise he literally didn't know Okami wasn't in the UFC. I thought at first he was fooling around since Okami leaving was huge at the time and almost everyone knew about that.

machida will take the belt and defend it into his early forties, fighting 3 to 4 times a year. he will best silvas record and retire undefeated at middleweight

Vitor is getting the next titles shot. I don't see why anybody else should get the title shot in his place. He is the rightful number one contender and he will be the next champ.

I totally agree. He should have that next title shot solidified.

Back