MW is now a stacked division...

It says that the UFC needed a replacement for Hendo quick and Machida/Shogun turned them down, it also says that Vitor and even moreso Sonnen are very popular fighters who make the UFC money, it doesnt say there werent better alternatives at 205.

I'm not really seeing the logic behind this, one LHW beating another LHW prooves the division is weak? Rampage beating Hendo who has wins over multiple big name MW's(Vitor, Franklin, Bisping) prooves the division is weak?

If were talking "myths" then I think the #1 myth in recent years on Sherdog is the strenght of MW and its source is very easy to work out, Anderson fans who've bought into the GOAT hype have to believe he's been dominating a strong division.

Of course you get some rival fanboys making claims that MW is "full of cans" or other nonsense but I think my accessment is pretty objective, MW has alot of good fighters but is lacking in truely great fighters besides Silva. The reason for this is that LHW had tradisionally been the money division, this is a simple fact, up until Anderson vs Sonnen/Vitor MW really wasnt a division that drew massively. At LHW on the other hand alot of big matchs main event shows even if the belt isnt involved.

The result is alot of potential MW's give LHW a try first and the very best of them are sucessful and don't generally drop to 185, those who are less sucessful often do and have overally been much more sucessful there.

So because a division has more draws and buys means its the better division?

So much fail in your post.

Chael got the shot because, jones has beaten everyone already. LHW talent is dying/dead. MW is the new top division.

MW top 15 has always been very good, the division just lacks star power and prospects. But at the very least there is Weidman and Ronny Markes could become a top 10 guy

Vitor and Sonnen almost certainly would not win any meaningful fights at LHW and earn a shot and that is why Dana will not let them try and ruin his hype fights. He knows that and their histories prove that.

The very same thing can be said about Nick...

If you need to convince yourself that is not the case then you can easily be ignored as someone who just has no interest in honest discussion on the topic.

Cuepee... why are you trying your bullshit on me? I know old habits die hard, but after having been banned more than ten times now one would assume that you knew better.

Stop being so dismissive of other peoples opinion simply because they don't fall in line with what you think.

The outside top 10 LHW's who drop down to MW and have so much success do so by beating other MW's and earning their way to the front of the line. The MW's who go up are not given a single fight because everyone knows they cannot win.

Do you have some kind of mental problem? You do understand that you keep getting banned for a reason? Right?

It's a simple question. Do you understand why you have been banned so many times?

I mean, you've been banned over ten times now. Even someone slow would realize at this point that he would have to change, yet you keep doing the very same things that get you banned.

So everyone knows MW's who go are not given a single fight because they wouldn't win?

How about this cuepee. You make a thread asking if Chael could beat any top 10 lhws, and if most agree that he can't, I'll admit that I was wrong. Until then, I'll advice you to stop speaking for everyone.

And wtf is your comment re Diaz about?

Seeing as you like to mention fighters who get title shots without working for it...

This is the weakest arguement I ever read.

You are saying Silva fans are discrediting them? Where? Who?

lol. You are not as dumb as you are pretending to be, so i will just take this as you trolling now.

Anderson fans in thread after thread talking about Weidman as #1 contender and trying to discredit him argued that basically every one of his wins was over a garbage fighter and his then upcoming fight against Boetsch was the same.

it is awesome seeing them argue that in one breath when they need to discredit Weidman, because they do not want to see Anderson fight him, and then in another breath argue how great the MW division is in another thread.

In fact in many threads where they were trashing most of the MW division in an attempt to discredit Weidman I stated that if we just give it time the same Anderson fans now trashing Weidman and thus the division will soon start a thread promoting how good ad tough the division is.

You guys never disappoint.

Those fans just dont want him wasting time fighting guys like weidman and boetch.

Ya if Weidman, Munoz, Maia and Boetch are all the near garbage that Anderson fans claim what does that say about the rest of the MW's these guys have beat or had close fights with?

Why were they not exposed by the far better other MW's they fought?

Fact is Weidman, Munoz, Maia, Boetch have been competituive amongst the top MW's and remained ranked because they are indeed amongst the top guys of the division. SO if they are near can level, as Anderson fans say, then so is the rest of the division that cannot distinguish itself from them, as clearly a step above.

lol. You are not as dumb as you are pretending to be, so i will just take this as you trolling now.

Anderson fans in thread after thread talking about Weidman as #1 contender and trying to discredit him argued that basically every one of his wins was over a garbage fighter and his then upcoming fight against Boetsch was the same.

it is awesome seeing them argue that in one breath when they need to discredit Weidman, because they do not want to see Anderson fight him, and then in another breath argue how great the MW division is in another thread.

In fact in many threads where they were trashing most of the MW division in an attempt to discredit Weidman I stated that if we just give it time the same Anderson fans now trashing Weidman and thus the division will soon start a thread promoting how good ad tough the division is.

Some fans of any fighter will say stupid shit. Anderson is my favorite fighter and I want him to fight Weidman instead of GSP and I think Weidman is a great fighter.

So you conclude that because some Anderson fans don't consider Weidman the #1 contender the whole division sucks?

I feel sorry for you so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but I hope you're not judging a whole division based on what some have said.

The very same thing can be said about Nick...

Nick earned his fight 10X as much as Vitor or Sonnen did. He beat Penn impressively and then fought Condit in what many proclaimed was #2 V #3. In losing to condit that drops him to #3. Hendricks at #8 beating #5 and 6 even convincingly does not automatically leap frog #3, just because #3 lost to #2.

Stop being so dismissive of other peoples opinion simply because they don't fall in line with what you think.
Not all opinions are created equally. ones that cannot be backed up can rightly be dismissed. You can hold the opinion the moon is made of cheese and we can rightfully laugh at you, just as we do those arguing MW is strong and trying to do so by discrediting WW and LHW.

So everyone knows MW's who go are not given a single fight because they wouldn't win?
Yes, everyone with a brain. FACT. again the 'moon is made of cheese' opinion folks need to be dismissed and laughed at.

It's not like we forget that Sonnen and vitor dropped to the weaker MW division because they could not consistently win or compete. We do remember. Facts are on our side.

How about this cuepee. You make a thread asking if Chael could beat any top 10 lhws, and if most agree that he can't, I'll admit that I was wrong. Until then, I'll advice you to stop speaking for everyone.

No ones, outside a few deranged Anderson fans thinks Chael could get and stay ranked at LHW which is what he would need to do to properly earn his LHW shot.

Just because the MW division has a champ that can finish fights doesn't mean the contenders there are bad.

You need to cling to a new talking point if you want to discredit Anderson.

First of all I never said anything about Anderson and I think he is one of the greatest fighters in MMA. Secondly I do think MW is weak and has been for years. If you don't like my opinion on that division I don't know what to tell you but don't try and make me out to be a bad guy because of the lack of talent at MW.

Just because the MW division has a champ that can finish fights doesn't mean the contenders there are bad.

Not exactly sure how you pulled that out of what he said.

MW had devalued a bit through the years that Ace left, now it is starting to pick back up imo. The contenders for Anderson's title were not exactly first name basis either.

So you conclude that because some Anderson fans don't consider Weidman the #1 contender the whole division sucks?

I feel sorry for you so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but I hope you're not judging a whole division based on what some have said.
I quote the arguements of a huge number of Anderson's most prominent and known fans on this site who have argued what crap Weidman, Munoz, Maia, Boetch are and by extension anyone who they have beat at MW or had good fights with.

I will accept their arguments on one or the other. Not both. they cannot have it both ways that all those guys and everyone they fought was crap, when they need to discredit Weidman, but then list many of the same guys as great when they want to pump up the division as a top division.

despite your need to try and paint it one way a poster can believe Anderson is awesome and yet the MW division has not been consistently strong. a nuthugger may need to convince himself it has been consistently strong but it has not.

FACT Franklin won the belt and defended twice versus David the Crow and Nate Rock Quarry. decent but not great comp.

Anderson got a title shot because there was no one deserving by record and so the UFC took a fan vote.

Anderson then beat Franklin and simultaneously cleaned out the MW division. there was not one single MW with a resume at the time worthy of a title shot. Anderson has since then fought more easy title defenses against unworthy opponents then arguably any champ in UFC history.

Despite the fact we have heard about how much better the division has got, there we are today saying exactly what was said when Anderson beat Franklin and that is that there is not one single worthy MW in the entire division worthy of a title shot.

Not exactly sure how you pulled that out of what he said.

MW had devalued a bit through the years that Ace left, now it is starting to pick back up imo. The contenders for Anderson's title were not exactly first name basis either.

Oh, right after he was lecturing me about speaking for other peoples opinions he then jumped in and spoke on behalf of anyone who holds the opinion that MW has been weak as having an agenda to discredit Anderson.

That is how he rolls.

185 definitely has at least 10x the talent of 145, 155, 170, and 205 and always has, even in Rich Franklin days. It also has by far the most wrestlers of any division, but Anderson's skill and work ethic have granted him some of the best TDD in all of MMA, which is why is is #1 P4P in the world.

Some people say that his TDD sucks and that if he was in another division with more wrestlers he would be taken down easily and would never have even sniffed a UFC belt. Don't trust these people, they are liars.

MW is a great division. The only people who call it weak are Anderson detractors, surprise, but imo the LW fighters are more talented as a whole.

In general there are no weak divisions, except the new ones, it's all about perception and a strong, dominant champion will often make his " league" seem bad.

The LHW's were the consensus best a few years ago, due to the title changing hands, consistently between several marketable fighters.Name recognition is always key in these debates. Now, Jones is fighting Anderson's left overs, and he has no one interesting to fight after going through a few more LHW's. Glover , Davis and Gus are the best the division can currently offer the champ which pretty much says it all.

Last edited:
Oh, right after he was lecturing me about speaking for other peoples opinions he then jumped in and spoke on behalf of anyone who holds the opinion that MW has been weak as having an agenda to discredit Anderson.

That is how he rolls.

I think you may be overreacting.

Nick earned his fight 10X as much as Vitor or Sonnen did. He beat Penn impressively and then fought Condit in what many proclaimed was #2 V #3. In losing to condit that drops him to #3. Hendricks at #8 beating #5 and 6 even convincingly does not automatically leap frog #3, just because #3 lost to #2.

That's a great bunch of excuses cuepee.

Tell me why they don't apply to Anderson when he was beeing criticized because the guys he was fighting didn't have long winning streaks.

Not all opinions are created equally. ones that cannot be backed up can rightly be dismissed. You can hold the opinion the moon is made of cheese and we can rightfully laugh at you, just as we do those arguing MW is strong and trying to do so by discrediting WW and LHW.

No shit cuepee.

Tell me what I should think about the opinion from someone who has been banned more than ten times because of all the shit she has pulled out of her ass.

Yes, everyone with a brain. FACT. again the 'moon is made of cheese' opinion folks need to be dismissed and laughed at.

Once again cuepee... You are now insulting everyone who doesn't share you opinion.

I'm guessing getting banned more than ten times wasn't enough.

It's not like we forget that Sonnen and vitor dropped to the weaker MW division because they could not consistently win or compete. We do remember. Facts are on our side.

And now Sonnen moved up to the... stronger LHW division.

You need to read about both Vitor and Chael and look at why they fought in their respective weigth divisiosn and why they made the decisions they have.

No need to have your ignorance be the reason you get banned once again.

No ones, outside a few deranged Anderson fans thinks Chael could get and stay ranked at LHW which is what he would need to do to properly earn his LHW shot.

And once again, insulting those who don't share you opinion.

Tell me cuepee, how do you manage to convince yourself that you're the one who is right all the time, when you're the one who ends up being banned.

Have you at no point asked yourself why you keep hetting banned all the time?

I think you may be overreacting.

Look cuepee...

No one is falling for your shit anymore.

First of all I never said anything about Anderson and I think he is one of the greatest fighters in MMA. Secondly I do think MW is weak and has been for years. If you don't like my opinion on that division I don't know what to tell you but don't try and make me out to be a bad guy because of the lack of talent at MW.

yep, it has always been pretty weak even before rich was champ.

Back