MW has Become a Wasteland.

Last 12 fights w/l;
T. Santos 8-4
A. Smith 9-3
J. Blachowicz 7-5.
LHW is horrible, and you know it.

You can't talk about fighters success from another weight class when the current MW champ was getting KO'd by WWs.

Smith has knocked out former champions at LHW and just submitted one of the top guys in Gustafsson.

Santos just took one of the GOATs to a very close decision and has knocked out guys like Jan, Manuwa.

Blachowcz just KO'd the former MW champion, holds a win over a MW "prospect" in Cannonier and has wins over tough guys like Manuwa and Krylov.

Their MW records may not be great but it seems they've found success at other weight classes, same way Kelvin and the current MW champion has.

Adesanya, Whittaker, Yoel, Costa, Kelvin, Hermansson coming off of a win over Jacare, Till coming up. Thats hardly a wasteland, its one of the stronger divisions tbh.

What are you talking about? MW is AWESOME right now.

Whittaker is a lovable champ that is skilled but beatable. Been in some wars.

Costa is the MW UBEREEM. one of the biggest freaks of all time. and just proved he not only has real cardio but is tough as FUCK. on an incredible streak 13-0. will be champion, likely for long time.

Yoel is a fucking freak of nature and can beat literally anyone on any given night with some wild KO. could still become champ.

Adesanya new Anderson Silva. 17-0. Was just in an all out war. could be champion for a long time.

Gastelum huge potential. was just in an all out war. Could be champion very soon.

Hermanson HUGE POTENTIAL.

I agree outside of these top 6 its pretty bad. But the thing is these 5 guys could all beat each other on any given night. its going to be wild seeing how the dust settles on who reigns, or if the title just constantly changes hands with these guys.

Whitaker/Costa
Costa/Yoel 2
Costa/Adesanya
Adesanya/Gas 2
Whitaker/Yoel 3
Yoel/Gas
Hermanson vs ANYONE

so many good matchups

MW and WW are the only best division in this worst era.

The rest (idgaf about wmma) are predictable as hell and is being entirely dominated by 1-2 fighters for a very long time which ruined the division.

Last edited:
The joker is coming for that belt in 2020

MW and WW are the only the best division in this worst era.

The rest (idgaf about wmma) are predictable as hell and is being entirely dominated by 1-2 fighters for a very long time which ruins the division.
Fuck that LW and WW for life. Those are always the most stacked divisions.

People move up to LHW because they get beaten by brutal competition at MW, like Jacare.

I have followed UFC over many years now, i actually cant remember the top 5 so stacked where i feel everyone in top 5 can be champ.

To the point, i feel MW is in a very healthy state

In boxing, kickboxing and mixed martial arts, a gatekeeper is a skillful and well-regarded fighter, but one who does not have the popularity or brilliance of a title contender. They are considered to be a cut above most journeymen.

So not sure how most of LHW can't become title contenders but we're supposed to believe with your logic guys like Brad Tavares and Derek Brunson are with your logic. Mmkay. MW has a great top 5 but the rest of the division is wank.
If everyone is garbage then anyone can become a title contender as is the case st 205 pounds. Middleweight is just as crazy as ever, just the names are different. The talent is elite and the fighters are relatively youthful. The only people that missing are missing are Mousasi and Lovato. Other then that the other guys who left are over 35, beatdown, and aren't contenders anymore. They're just living off of name and old reputation.

TS is either on dope or dog food and if you are trying to argue that 205lbs is just as stacked or more stacked then you are with him. Also say what you want about Cannonier, but he's a dangerous fighter with go ou d potential who is hitting his stride and is finally in his rightful division.

The MW has been going downhill for a while now

MW and WW are the only best division in this worst era.

The rest (idgaf about wmma) are predictable as hell and is being entirely dominated by 1-2 fighters for a very long time which ruined the division.

Not sure how you can say that when you have BW, LW and HW are divisions where anything could happen, maybe not LW so much if Khabib beats Tony but HW nothing says Stipe will beat contender after contender and BW has some killers in it.

TS is either on dope or dog food and if you are trying to argue that 205lbs is just as stacked or more stacked then you are with him. Also say what you want about Cannonier, but he's a dangerous fighter with go ou d potential who is hitting his stride and is finally in his rightful division.

The top 5 is full of killers, the rest of the division not so much, that's what I was saying. I agree the top 5 MW's are better than the top 5 LHW's but let's say Yoel retires and Costa moves up to LHW. What are you really left with?

The top 10 at MW has Weidman and Souza in who have both moved up to LHW. That means Brad Tavares and Uriah Hall are top 10 fighters if they shift the rankings and take both of them out and guys like Derek Brunson are still in the top 10. The top 5 is amazing, the rest of the division is poor.

Back