MW Division is looking to be amazing this year

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Deleroux, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

Seriously.

Weidman/Belfort
    Jacare/Romero
    Machida/Rockhold
    Hendo/Moussasi
    Silva/Diaz

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And we're just getting started...

2. uhwrestler

uhwrestler Banned Banned

silva v weidman 3 will be amazing....silva wins in my opinion

3. Weidman

Weidman Still my booooy!

Think again.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  4. Kirin

Kirin Death Operator Platinum Member

This whole nonsense with silva possibly getting a third crack at weidman is just absurd. If that happens, everybody is getting fucked, including weidman.

5. Captain_Dammitt

Captain_Dammitt Brown Belt

The MW division looks better than it has in many, many years. Not to mention, with all due respect to Weidman, there's not that big of a gap between champ and everyone else as there was when Silva was at the top.

6. Monkey Pride

Monkey Pride Blue Belt

I love Spider but Nick Diaz is not a title eliminator. It's bogus. That said I will be rooting for Silva to KO Diaz with ease. And when he does I will be rooting for him against Chris though I think he gets legit beat if there's not a head butt or a broken finger, or a slip that leads to a guy knocking himself out on the cage (know of a fight it happened in) to fuck everything up for a third time.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. Mitchsmith08

Mitchsmith08 Orange Belt

fluke

8. TriangleMonkey

TriangleMonkey Black Belt

God, Silva/Wiedman 3 is a joke if it happens. Chris gonna make that poor guy retire

9. h0lydiver

h0lydiver Purple Belt

and here comes the "fluke" crowd out of the woodwork. At least I've come to grips with the fact that many people will never accept silva getting beat regardless of how it goes down.

10. ThefGabbana

ThefGabbana Orange Belt

agree with u on this.... weidman nuthuggers are so blind its ridiculous.

no one is disregarding that weidman isnt legit. HES FUCKING LEGIT. its just awful to see how much andy was fucking around when he got KO'd. Weidman butt pirates are so blind to the fact that andy was literally pretending to be wobbled everytime weidman tapped him. it was fucking stupid.

not to mention how in the second fight andys leg snapped like a twig on one of the biggest freak incidents of seen in combat sports.. only one comparable is what happened to Tyrone Spong in glory a few months back, and that still wasn't as bad.

so yea weidmans good, but saying abusurdities such as 'weidmans never lost a round to silva' etc is just retarded. does anyone remember andy's fight with TRT chael? the First one? i dont think andy won more than 1 round that fight and he still won. with someone who had more testosterone than a fucking bull. come back down to earth weidman dick riders!

11. SimonNova

SimonNova Worship and forget

your nickname...your location....sounds to me like you are not biased at all.

12. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

There's so many possibilities beyond Silva/Weidman III in the MW division this year, or as a result of what takes place this year--it's really more wide open than any other division stacked with such talent has ever been.

13. Tuaminator

Tuaminator Blue Belt

How does silva v weidman 3 make any less sense that silva v weidman 2? It ended with a broken leg not a real finish, there is still the same doubt if the first fight was a fluke.

14. FallonFoxGOAT

FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

Calling it now:

Mousasi vs Hendo is going to be a snoozer.

I got Moose via sub, though.

15. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

It amazes me that there are still people out there like you who honestly believe Anderson has a shot in hell at defeating teh Chris. All I was thinking while watching their last fight unfold was how badly Weidman has his number and that it was only a matter of time before he finished Anderson, which he almost did in round one.

16. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Mw looks amazing. So much potential

Until ufc books Weidman Silva 3 after Anderson beats a welterweight, tying up the whole division and robbing us of seeing Souza (who's not getting any younger) vs. Weidman or making a sensible matching like Anderson vs. Rockhold to see if Silva is still a MW elite, just one who's number Weidman happens to have.

Edit: Yes, this makes a few Assumptions of who wins what fights

17. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

The scheduling is odd, and the promise of a Silva/Weidman rematch after the Diaz fight doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't mind the idea of Silva/Weidman III, but I'm not sure I like that it's being promised to follow a win over Diaz. As interesting as Diaz/Silva may be, I don't see how it earns anyone an immediate title shot.

What are the winners of Jacare/Romero and Rockhold/Machida going to be doing in the meantime?

18. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Exactly. Jacare/Romero winner should get the title shot, while Rockhold should face Anderson if he wins (I don't think Andy would fight Machida)

If Belfort beats Weidman tho, I'd be on board to see Silva fight him for the belt again. I'd be up for seeing Silva and Belfort fight again even if Belfort loses to Weidman. That's such a better fight and doesn't kill the top of a division with a handful of contenders

19. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

If Belfort defeats Weidman, things really get crazy, as in crazy interesting. However, it could just as easily result in a Belfort/Weidman rematch, which will only stall things further. Because I think the main reason Silva is getting promised a titleshot is about cashing in on Weidman/Silva III while they still can. Then again, I guess Weidman/Silva III could still happen even if Belfort wins, and then maybe Jacare/Belfort.

Who knows. So many possibilities, which is as exciting as it is scary--could be the greatest year ever if the match-ups and scheduling are done right. Or they could totally squander a great thing by screwing it all up...