MW division after SF Merger

EliteLurker

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the middleweight division is about to get a good influx of a guys and strengthen the division substantially.

Rockhold and Jacare are both killers and will be top contenders in the division for some time.

Tim Kennedy while not a future champ is a really tough guy who will get some wins against some of the top guys.

Larkin and Roger are good prospects and give the division at least a few new guys to watch. If Mousasi drops down (where he should be) then the division just gained 3 top contenders from the merger.

How do you think MW stacks up after the merger?

i think every division in the UFC is getting fresh meat.. i know last night was one sided fights but come on, Mousasi would get whipped by the spider he needs to stay at 205 and i don't see him moving up far there either...:redface::icon_twis

Out of those Jacare will go furthest (will definitely be top 3) but both him and Rockhold will be at the top.

Larkin will do better than Kennedy and Gracie but they'll all be run of the mill fighters.

I don't see any top 10 guys outside of Cormier, Barnett, Mousasi, Rockhold, Jacare and Melendez IMO.

But hey, if Brunson can get a UFC fight against Leban - then I'm sure we will see guys like Kennedy, Larkin, Thompson, Healey, etc make their way to the octagon too.

Rockhold is overrated and that is going to show. We'll see him in Bellator soon.

i think every division in the UFC is getting fresh meat.. i know last night was one sided fights but come on, Mousasi would get whipped by the spider he needs to stay at 205 and i don't see him moving up far there either...:redface::icon_twis

Who wouldn't get whipped by the spider? If that was a reason not to fight at MW, The Spider would be alone there.

Lot of great match ups to make with Jacare and Rockhold, no doubts fellas. Two future top 5 in the ufc.

Kennedy seems on the small side for a mw, i'd like to see him drop to ww like marquardt

Who wouldn't get whipped by the spider? If that was a reason not to fight at MW, The Spider would be alone there.

Lot of great match ups to make with Jacare and Rockhold, no doubts fellas. Two future top 5 in the ufc.

Jacare might be a good fight .all i was trying to say is all thiese guy needs to fight someone who ranked.. first. see alot talk like SF vs UFC champs etc i don't think they should all get title shots without one fight first last night show us nothing...

Kennedy seems on the small side for a mw, i'd like to see him drop to ww like marquardt

I think Pat Miletich said that Kennedy was about 220 on fight night - Sonnen weighed 220 when he fought the Spider so I don't think Kennedy is small that is if the numbers are correct.

I think Pat Miletich said that Kennedy was about 220 on fight night - Sonnen weighed 220 when he fought the Spider so I don't think Kennedy is small that is if the numbers are correct.

That's not what he said, he said Kennedy walks around at 220. That's not the same thing as being 220 on fight night.

Kennedy is nowhere near top 10 anyway, at WW or MW.

its going to be great seeing these SF vs UFC matchups

Jacare and Rockhold add some interest to a division that's short on contenders because Anderson has smashed almost anyone that's any good. The rest won't really do much but Jacare and Rockhold have a chance of making it to a title shot.

I don't see any top 10 guys outside of Cormier, Barnett, Mousasi, Rockhold, Jacare and Melendez IMO.

But hey, if Brunson can get a UFC fight against Leban - then I'm sure we will see guys like Kennedy, Larkin, Thompson, Healey, etc make their way to the octagon too.

lolololololololol....exactly how many top 10 guys were you expecting. That's quite a few top 10 guys coming from one promotion. :icon_lol:

do you believe Jacare and Rockhold could beat Weidman? Victor? Okami bisping?Stann?
Muniz Tim Boetsh etc etc

lets see these fights before we say The spider ducking anybody lol:redface:

:rolleyes:

do you believe Jacare and Rockhold could beat Weidman? Victor? Okami bisping?Stann?
Muniz Tim Boetsh etc etc

Jacare and Rockhold would beat Weidman. Who the fuck is Victor?

:icon_lol:

Muniz Tim Boetsh etc etc

Ironically, you happen to be the first person on this thread to even remotely address that scenario...:wink::)

Back