Rumored MVP re-ups with Bellator. Title shot in 2020 expected

I don’t think he has a legit chance of winning the title, as Lima is well-rounded enough to avoid being lulled into MVP’s preferred fight (standing still being mesmerized by MVP, or throwing predictable basic strikes that MVP can read / time / counter).

Dudes making over 200k for fighting complete shit opponents....why not?

Only one who losses is the mma fan and the guys fighting real opponents for shit money.

So MVP will never make the jump to the UFC it appears.

He better beat someone legit before getting a title shot. This guys so coddled its ridiculous.

Well when you're only interested in fighting cans I guess this was the safest move. If anyone ever even hints that this guy is near the top 10 welterweights though they can suck a fat one.

Looking forward to watching lima drop him again.

Not surprised. He gets cans in Bellator, in UFC he'd be thrown to the wolves. And really given Bellators WW div what do they do with Lima? Rory fight or Larkin? Those are options and really right now an MVP rematch is probably bigger than both. He shouldnt get a title shot but wouldnt put it past Bellator to give him one.

At the very least he's one fight away from a title shot, if he fought Rory or Larkin or Koreshkov and won he'd be next. Could even get him a win over someone below that and still get a title shot.

I don’t think he has a legit chance of winning the title, as Lima is well-rounded enough to avoid being lulled into MVP’s preferred fight (standing still being mesmerized by MVP, or throwing predictable basic strikes that MVP can read / time / counter).
Thought he did fairly well against Lima til his fight iq went full potato

Thought he did fairly well against Lima til his fight iq went full potato
His fight IQ would have been there if he had been exposed to higher level of opponents as he progressed in his career. As Connor McGregor said "There's levels to this".

I thought he resigned with Bellator before the Bellator Welterweight Tournament for a 6 fight deal. So he has had four fights under that deal, so Bellator and him negotiating now on a new deal does make sense if he only has two fights left on his deal. But I'm only speculating. If anyone knows exactly how many fights MVP has on his Bellator contract let us Sherdoggers know.

I thought he resigned with Bellator before the Bellator Welterweight Tournament for a 6 fight deal. So he has had four fights under that deal, so Bellator and him negotiating now on a new deal does make sense if he only has two fights left on his deal. But I'm only speculating. If anyone knows exactly how many fights MVP has on his Bellator contract let us Sherdoggers know.

not sure, I shared the info middleeasy put out there today. Probably you are right

not sure, I shared the info middleeasy put out there today. Probably you are right
Article link from July 30, 2018, https://www.mmanytt.com/latest-news/michael-page-signs-new-six-fight-deal-with-bellator-mma/. The article stated he had only fight left on his deal at the time before signing the new 6 fight deal. So depending on the wording, that new 6 fight deal could have voided that last fight of that deal and started up a new 6 fight deal, which he has already fought 4 fights of that deal. Or it could have been an extension from that one fight making it a 7 fight situation.

Does the new contract have a no more can opponents allowed clause

He better beat someone legit before getting a title shot. This guys so coddled its ridiculous.
I'm sure they'll make him take a real fight before giving him another title shot.

So what you're saying is MVP will be champ this year? Cool.

Maybe they will create a European title for him

Back