MVP- Biggest Waste of Talent Ever

Well, I think the fact that he probably loses to the top WWs in Bellator poses a problem for him.

As a fan who sees his potential its frustrating but I think he has been handling it smart.. Although i pray to god he is training his clinch work and wrestling.

We know Bjorn said he couldn't enter a tournament because he couldn't handle the wrestling. We also saw him in a fight show that he can be wall and staled as he has very little offense from the clinch and was only (very) dangerous with space.

If he is trianing his weaknesses he is handling it smart. If he isn't working on them he is just wasting all of our time... I'm not ready to say thats the case yet though. For some people TDD doesn't come overnight.

The Burrell fight happened and now Bellator is scared shitless to give him anybody with decent wrestling.

I definitely think there's some truth to this. If MVP had crushed Burrell than he probably wouldn't have gone back to fighting guys like Bears and Ontiveros.

How much is Bellator protecting him, how much is his coaches, and how much is MVP himself? Who knows, that's just a guessing game.

He was supposed to fight Gonzalez next, who would've been his toughest test to date. Then he injured himself, as long as he fights Gonzalez or someone better on his return then it's not really an issue imo.

Also I imagine MVP will be put to good use in future Bellator kickboxing events.

This guy has been a top prospect for FUCKING YEARS

He fights like once, maybe twice a year against complete cans.

He is clearly a top level talent, yet he is fighting shite opponents and rarely at that.

What is holding him back? Shitty management? Scared opponents? Injuries
What the fuck?

When can I see MVP fight Daley, Koscheck, Bendo, Koreshkov, Lima????????
The first time they gave him a semi legit opponent he almost lost bellator is scurrd

There a ton of guys who are wasted in Bellator and WSOF. You just can't have a division with 1 or 2 good fighters.

In WSOF you've got Gathjae and Moraes who should be top 5 in their weight classes, but they can't get there when they fight guys not ranked in the top 100.

Bellator is a bit better, and they're attempting to deepen their divisions, but they need to spend that money on real talent and not street bums. They've grown many a good fighter, but without the format that helped build those fighters, the tournaments, guys are being relegated to the status of UFC champs, i.e. fighting once every 11 months.

Back