MVP- Biggest Waste of Talent Ever

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This guy has been a top prospect for FUCKING YEARS

He fights like once, maybe twice a year against complete cans.

He is clearly a top level talent, yet he is fighting shite opponents and rarely at that.

What is holding him back? Shitty management? Scared opponents? Injuries
What the fuck?

When can I see MVP fight Daley, Koscheck, Bendo, Koreshkov, Lima????????

I thought talent only went to waste in the UFC?

I agree ts. Its incredibly frustrating. If he Had taken a similar career arc as Wonderboy he would most likely have similar levels of success.

What a shame it really is. I still can't believe this dude. He should be fighting at least 3 times a year. Dude has never even been touched in his fights before. Like what is the hold up man?

Maybe hes just scared of fighting actual competition? Maybe its his fault and not Bellator's. Why even fight in that Indian organization?

Maybe hes just scared of fighting actual competition? Maybe its his fault and not Bellator's. Why even fight in that Indian organization?

It's everybody fault IMO
If Bellator don't want to give him a decent fight, he or his manager should demand for one

waste of talent? he got injured preparing for the toughest fight of his life. Does anyone else find it weird in MMA 9-0 against cans means you're a bum but in boxing that's how you're supposed to start out

It's everybody fault IMO
If Bellator don't want to give him a decent fight, he or his manager should demand for one
and if they are offering him better competition and he doesn't want it?

waste of talent? he got injured preparing for the toughest fight of his life. Does anyone else find it weird in MMA 9-0 against cans means you're a bum but in boxing that's how you're supposed to start out
in boxing you are supposed to do that in a year or so max.

Well, how many MMA fighters fight 10 times a year? That's the standard for boxers in the start of their carreer.

The Burrell fight happened and now Bellator is scared shitless to give him anybody with decent wrestling.

This is the year I'll decide if he is wasted talent. They did a slow build up to acclimate him to the sport (more fighters should do this), but he is acclimated and this year he should fight good competition at least 3x. Maybe his last fight of the year being a particularly big fight like Daley.

Did he get injured? None of the sources I found even disclose a reason why he's pulled out...

What's ironic is that he'd be crucified if he was in the UFC for being protected the way he is.

Whatever happened to the concept of prospect building? I like MVP and hope he's brought up as slow as possible. Watching him tool people is fun no matter how much or how little his opponents due to bolster his ranking. His reputation as an entertainer preceeds that of being an elite MMA fighter.

I remember seeing a King Mo/MVP interview and Mo talking about how MVP was more exciting than Wonderboy.......

Whatever happened to the concept of prospect building? I like MVP and hope he's brought up as slow as possible.

Yeah but MVP is already like 28/29..
When you see guys like Jose Aldo, Korean Zombie, GSP, Conor McGregor (and the list goes on...) and how they did, how far they were in their career at 28, it's clear that sadly (I'm also a fan) he let him managers fuck up his career.
Or he did it himself, who knows. But the way he moves, his speed, his striking... he is talented for sure.
He has won a bunch of gold medals in kick-boxing when he was younger, but stopped before entering MMA (even if he did have one kick-boxing bout a couple years back....)

If he was under 22/23, I'd agree with you, but sadly he wasted most of the best years of his life fighting random smaller dudes that he can KO in impressive fashion...
His last chance IMHO is 2016.
Fights another random for "warm up", win quickly, challenge Semtex in the cage.
If he can beat Semtex with the same ease he did with his other opponents a lot of interesting fights can be proposed.
If he can beat another top 20/top 15 big name after him like Douglas Lima, call out Andrey Koreshkov and fight him at the end of the year.

That would be ideal scenario to me... Shlemenko still in trouble? If not, a catch-weight or MW fight with Venom would be sick.

Page has the potential to be a very charismatic champion, I don't know why Bellator wouldn't push him...

But realistically, he will fight once in 2016 against a top 40 guy, smash him, and next year we will still mourn his MMA career.
/rant

RF

Last edited:
He may end up like Kole Konrad, a "what if".

Kole gave up on MMA, saying it was not for him. Page actually has management that cares about him and his career.. Meaning, they are bringing him along slowly. He is late 20s but does not have the same wear and tear as Cruz, Aldo, Conor and others of similar age with more fights on their record. He has been offerdd bigger fights in which his team turned them down saying he wasnt ready just yet. As a martial artist, an MMA fan, or a person who simply appreciates the effort an athlete must put forth to become "elite", one can simply appreciate the slow pace thus far of his career and look fwd to how his career progresses.

Back