MVP and Scott Coker Bellator Matchmaking At It Again

Just wow. MVP should fight Daley again or Yaroslav Amosov if that isn't possible. His opponent should be fighting someone like Shinsho Anzai.

You can't possibly sell Ross's last fight as "coming off of a no contest". The fight literally ended because it was too violent to be safe anymore, and I'm not sure the fight was clearcut enough to say anyone was on their way to winning it.

Nicolas Dalby is a better opponent than the majority of guys MVP has faced. Ross is probably top 3 in MVP's best opponents.

This is a very real fight.

You can't possibly sell Ross's last fight as "coming off of a no contest". The fight literally ended because it was too violent to be safe anymore, and I'm not sure the fight was clearcut enough to say anyone was on their way to winning it.

Nicolas Dalby is a better opponent than the majority of guys MVP has faced. Ross is probably top 3 in MVP's best opponents.

MVP has been in Bellator for 7 years or so, he should not be fighting a Bellator newcomer like Ross Houston. Ross Houston should be fighting the likes of someone like Logan Storley or Mark Lemminger. MVP should, by now, be fighting someone like Andrey Koreshkov, or Yaroslav Amosov, or Nieman Gracie, or Jason Jackson or Lorenz Larkin.

The problem isn't that some of these guys aren't going to give MVP a real good fight, its that newcomers hold literally no name value to most fans. So if a guy like MVP loses to someone like Houston most fans are going to shit on MVP. He wins and the fans expect it already. The fight literally does nothing for MVP and this has happen way too many times with MVP's matchmaking. If MVP fights Larkin for example and win it helps his image a lot(might push him to title contention), lose and he doesn't lose much luster of his popularity as fans generally see Larkin as a good fighter. MVP this far in should only be looking for fights that get/lead him to title shots.

The problem isn't that some of these guys aren't going to give MVP a real good fight, its that newcomers hold literally no name value to most fans. So if a guy like MVP loses to someone like Houston most fans are going to shit on MVP. He wins and the fans expect it already. The fight literally does nothing for MVP and this has happen way too many times with MVP's matchmaking. If MVP fights Larkin for example and win it helps his image a lot(might push him to title contention), lose and he doesn't lose much luster of his popularity as fans generally see Larkin as a good fighter. MVP this far in should only be looking for fights that get/lead him to title shots.
It's kind peculiar that Bobby Lashley publicly called out Scott Coker to put him in tougher matchups that would lead to him earning a Bellator Heavyweight Title shot and Scott Coker and Bellator staff response was to put Bobby Lashley on the shelf after his fight in October of 2016. Lashley came back and asked to be placed in the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament, Scott Coker's response was to deny Bobby Lashley a spot in the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament. So on one hand, a Bellator fighter request tougher opponents and Coker and staff denied him. MVP and team seems to not request any type of tougher opponents and Coker and staff is perfectly fine with that. Truly baffling.

Is not, Coker is an asshole and He is shit at running MMA promotions

MVP this far in should only be looking for fights that get/lead him to title shots.

Does MVP ever really talk about wanting title shots and winning championships? I know he was in the tournament (surprised me, really, as I expected him to feign injury or have some sort of excuse to get out of it), but he seems just fine styling on guys way below his level and going home unscathed. It's really unusual for a guy with this much talent to not want to challenge himself. I think Coker probably pressured him into the tournament, and he'd have preferred a rematch with Rudy Bears or the like.

Does MVP ever really talk about wanting title shots and winning championships? I know he was in the tournament (surprised me, really, as I expected him to feign injury or have some sort of excuse to get out of it), but he seems just fine styling on guys way below his level and going home unscathed. It's really unusual for a guy with this much talent to not want to challenge himself. I think Coker probably pressured him into the tournament, and he'd have preferred a rematch with Rudy Bears or the like.

That is the point, aslong Fedor does not have any good welterweight to fight MVP it is not going to happen. For me it seems that Fedor and his team has more influence to Bellator then we think.

If that is truly the way MVP is wired that is just odd. Most athletes are always striving to be one the best in the whatever they do. It's usually their driving factor everyday. I agree with you, you don't hear alot out of MVP. Which in itself is strange also. You could argue he is in the top 5 faces of Bellator.

The promotion should be pushing him to tougher match ups at this point and if he doesn't want to play ball then really what good is he to you long term. Eventually fans aren't going to give two shits about him. The promoter should be in business with fighters that want to be the greatest, not fighters that don't care if they fight for the belt or the 62nd ranked fighter.

MVP literally has one of the weirdest MMA paths ever. If you just looked at the names on his resume you'd assume he is like 10-8 or 11-7 area. No one would ever think the guy is 17-1.

Back