MVP and Scott Coker Bellator Matchmaking At It Again

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by RODNEY83, Sep 12, 2020.

1. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

What has become the normal with MVP and Scott Coker and Bellator matchmaking are at their normal routine again. Ed Ruth manages to fight Yaroslav Amosov, Nieman Gracie manages to fight Jon Fitch, Jason Jackson manages to get fights against Ed Ruth, Kiichi Kunimoto, and Jordan Mein in Bellator, but MVP and his team and Scott Coker somehow manages to give MVP a Bellator newcomer, coming off a No Contest, in a fight he was losing to Nicholas Dalby by matching MVP up against Ross Houston. At this rate, MVP will be a 40 year old MMA King Of The Who Did He Fight In His Career Champion.

HaulParris, Vegeta, TCE and 8 others like this.
  2. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Houston isn't a can, I would have preferred him to fight Amosov, but he's one of the best guys MVP has ever fought.

Hardcore MMA and RODNEY83 like this.
  3. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

Still a Bellator newcomer, coming off a No contest, in a fight he was losing. MVP manages yet again to miss a legit Bellator established fighter. Such as, Jon Fitch, Nieman Gracie, Yaroslav Amosov, Jason Jackson, even Sabah Homasi or Logan Storley. MVP is a fight Bellator newcomers fighter it seems. It's ridiculous

fifinex and Ufcmaster like this.
  4. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I'd probably favour Houston against Homasi to be honest.

careto and MMALOPEZ like this.
  5. SovereignPhantom Blue Belt

Should be doing MVP vs. Danus.

Mga223 likes this.
  6. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

Sell it as much you like, it's still MVP and Scott Coker and crew finding an opponent for MVP that once again isn't an established Bellator fighter or a fighter, who has never fought in any major MMA organization. So while Nieman Gracie has fought Ed Ruth and will fight Jon Fitch, while Ed Ruth has challenged himself by fighting Nieman Gracie and Yaroslav Amosov and Jason Jackson, while Jason Jackson has challenged himself coming into Bellator to fight Ed Ruth and Kiichi Kunimoto and former UFC veteran Jordan Mein, while Andrey Koreshkov, who has been in Bellator for just as long MVP can challenge himself by fighting established Bellator fighters, MVP and Scott Coker and Bellator matchmaking keeps finding their usual way of finding opponents for MVP that aren't established Bellator fighters or fighters who have yet to fight in any major MMA organization. MVP can't even be made to challenge himself against Yaroslav Amosov or even Logan Storley. I imagine next up will be MVP vs Mark Lemminger since he just lost to Yaroslav Amosov.

7. SakuWandyCop Blue Belt

Ross Houston is a decent prospect but he's not the type of opponent MVP should be facing.

RODNEY83 likes this.
  8. KeeSmyth Brown Belt

I think MVP just flat out refuses to fight the top guys, he most likely was offered all the big match ups but declines. MVP in his mid thirties and got knocked out cold in his one title opportunity.He fights lower tier fighters for rest of his career hoping to get highlight reel k.o's and pad his record. Bellator has some very good fights they can make at WW but MVP won't be participating in those.

9. Xavier Fireballpunch

MVP vs Larkin wouldve been the fight to make . Both coming off wins and have a good fan friendly style but at this point , MVP is probably gonna keep facing aging journeyman , blown up 55ers , or Bellator newcomers.

10. immyaxl White Belt

Yeah at this point I think it's MVP's decision to fight lower level competition. He wants to fight guys that are going to make him look good.

blaseblah and RODNEY83 like this.
  11. kimocomplex Silver Belt

Talk about being your own worst enemy

realisum likes this.
  12. Xoleth Purple Belt

Ross Houston had a no contest vs Dalby because the surface was wet.
    Couldn't they stop the fight for 1 minute and have a guy clean the surface and then resume the fight for 2 more minutes?

Mga223 and RODNEY83 like this.
  13. TheOneAboveAll3 Red Belt

I would love to see it so dillon could hush up about him being the best and beating the best without proving it. I think MVP takes but not really sure since I dont watch much of either. Dont think dillon is remotely close to how good he thinks he is

RODNEY83 likes this.
  14. cade187 I'm not a part of your system.

That’s a pretty low bar

RODNEY83 likes this.
  15. Pulk Green Belt

MVP is like a glorified gatekeeper at this point. Coker basically pays him to deliver HL reel KO's of local level talent and goofy viral celebrations.

lsa, evergreenrider, fifinex and 2 others like this.
  16. CC27 Gold Belt

Houston is a good prospect but like others have said MVP shouldnt be fighting a prospect making his debut. He's been in Bellator 7 years and his only loss is to the champ.

Why is he not fighting Larkin or Amasov or even now Gracie?

With Lima fighting at MW next they need to do Larkin/Amasov I guess and then assuming MVP wins this fight he's got to fight Gracie or someone like that next.

skylolow likes this.
  17. careto Purple Belt

Yes, Houston would be favored against Homasi but MVP should be heavily favored against both of them. I agree that MVP shouldnt be fighting newcomers but this could be more of travel visa issue rather than a matchmaking issue.

I think Amasov should straight up fight for the title next, no eliminator or anything. Then MVP vs Larkin and Neiman vs Koreshkov for next contenders. Eventually possibly Berkhamov and Jason Jackson can make their own title runs. Bellator's WW division is damned stacked and Lima should stay to defend his title. He cleared the division in the GP but there are 3 or possibly 4 more viable contenders for that title now.

18. blaseblah Steel Belt

It's pretty clear now that MVP and his team are the ones responsible for his lack of competitive fights. Bellator hasn't done this for any other fighter.

fifinex, RODNEY83 and KeeSmyth like this.
  19. GangGangGang Purple Belt

Amosov deserves a title fight or at the very least someone like Larkin or Koreshkov and MVP faces the other. Like you said though, vast majority are undermining Houston who is definitely one of the better fighters MVPs been matched with. I rather have this fight than MVP vs Ion Pascu or Sabah Homasi.

20. skylolow Silver Belt

This right here!!!!