Crime Must read on mass shootings. Real clear politics speaks some truth

I totally agree.

I think we can do more if we really take the problem seriously.

Ban all tobacco products because heart disease and preventable cancer is entirely within our reach. Ban all alcohol too - so many DUI related deaths can be prevented.

Think of the children!
Lol. Your comparison doesn't work nor has it ever worked. You're comparing cats and dogs

Altering the definition of a mass shooting
Except y'all are the ones who altered it, Mr. Race Baiter. You can keep using Mother Jones though, the rest of us in reality will stick to the FBI and the NIJ.

Not comparable. One is a consumable substance.

If there weren't differences then they would be the same. Your goal is to show one or more that are significant enough to disqualify the comparison. Saying one's a drug and one's a tool doesn't mean shit when it comes to quantifying the societal toll.

Of course you can't deny those to the medicines they want. There is also a giant difference between modern mental health medicines and things like antibiotics.

As far as head of households being able to chose what they want to put in to their kids bodies, I think that is a bit f'd up to a degree. We have seen a generation of parents shove Pharma cocaine in to their kids so they will calm down and not be annoying to the parents. This causes tremendous damage to the kids in the long term and their brains often never recover. The parents are often well intentioned but misinformed, subscribe to the same intellectually lazy thinking the the first poster responded to me with: "Well, if they are doctors, surely they must know what they are talking about" rather than doing research and looking at alternative options. It's illegal to even posses cocaine in this country but totally legal to give a 7 year old adderall, which is many ways much more hardcore than coke.

Doesn't change the fact that you and plenty of anti-vaxx sentiment have a nasty habit of hyper-generalizing all modern medicine as corrupted and marginal. I have no sympathy for that. Falun gong kills thousands of children each year with that bullshit blanket statement. Same applies to the refusal to diagnose - you don't get to tell everyone your kid doesn't need insulin because "diabetes is a western prognosis"

Last edited:
Doesn't change the fact that you and plenty of anti-vaxx sentiment have a nasty habit of hyper-generalizing all modern medicine as corrupted and marginal. I have no sympathy for that. Falun gong kills thousands of children each year with that bullshit blanket statement. Same applies to the refusal to diagnose - you don't get to tell everyone your kid doesn't need insulin because "diabetes is a western prognosis"
WTF you talking about bro? Seems like you are grouping me in with crowds I am not in. I never said anything about insulin or vaccines. I did talk about mental health meds, specifically SSRI's and speed. I know plenty of parents that have kids that just want to be kids, run around, play, get dirty, but they are forced to sit in a class 6 hours a day and are hyper, so they end up pumping them full of Pharma speed (adder all, Ritalin, concerts, etc). To me, there is a big difference between being sick and getting an antibiotic and pumping your kid full of speed so the parent can be more lazy.

Mental health medicine is so, so, so very new, where as other types of western medicine are very old and very proven. As far as vaxx, I know there is two sides to the argument, and I don't think people should be forced to put anything in their body if they do not want to, but I have not dived deep enough on the topic yet to give anything other than a superficial opinion. Personally, I got vaccines all my life, got sick every year of my life, and when I moved to remote VT I stopped taking vaxx and did not get sick once. Naturally, I was not around as many people anymore, but I found my immune system adapted and my body's natural functions took over. Having anew baby and all, it is something I do contemplate tho and will have to research more greatly.

Doesn't change the fact that you and plenty of anti-vaxx sentiment have a nasty habit of hyper-generalizing all modern medicine as corrupted and marginal. I have no sympathy for that. Falun gong kills thousands of children each year with that bullshit blanket statement.
WTF you talking about bro? Seems like you are grouping me in with crowds I am not in.
You sure about that
The Amish are the happiest people in the US and they still ride horses and have rejected modernity totally. Why is that? Religion? Great genetics? How are they so happy without all these brilliant doctors there to give them pills?

Me thinks it's all bs and modern snake oil, only far more dangerous.

Except y'all are the ones who altered it, Mr. Race Baiter. You can keep using Mother Jones though, the rest of us in reality will stick to the FBI and the NIJ.
Still talking race. You really are a triggered little snowflake.
I already said you can use whatever stats you like and it still will not be close in any way. Maybe try addressing the actual points like an adult in stead of talking race all the time. Seems all you trumptards can ever talk about is identity politics.
Race was never part of the conversation until you brought it up.

Last edited:
Still talking race. You really are a triggered little snowflake.
I already said you can use whatever stats you like and it still will not be close in any way. Maybe try addressing the actual points like an adult in stead of talking race all the time. Seems all you trumptards can ever talk about is identity politics.
Race was never part of the conversation until you brought it up.
{<jimmies}

Back