Crime Must read on mass shootings. Real clear politics speaks some truth

I'm not sure what more you're looking for. My point was I don't honestly expect the CDC under Trump to fund gun violence research, and I doubt that proclamation by Alex Azar will hold up if a democrat were to be elected in 2020. I think the NRA and the GOP will lean back onto the harsher interpretation of the Dickey Amendment (which was never actually repealed).

Gotcha. You're certainly free to doubt.

So why don't the mass shootings and bombings of Muslims by Muslims count?

Why don't the mass shootings and beheadings and in Mexico count? Holy shit, I once spent a day watching Mexican murder videos and HOLY SHIT. There are mass murders all the time. Yet they don't count?

So why don't the mass shootings and bombings of Muslims by Muslims count?

Why don't the mass shootings and beheadings and in Mexico count? Holy shit, I once spent a day watching Mexican murder videos and HOLY SHIT. There are mass murders all the time. Yet they don't count?

For some reason if you kill 30 people because your a gangster in Chicago in the 1920's, and you are gunning down FBI agents with machine guns, this is somehow different then when you are insane like the Batman shooter.

TTT.

Worthy and relevant reading considering the past week's events.

Like I always say, the remedy for bad research is more bad research.

Does anyone know if either were on SSRI's? It seems like 95% of these guys are on SSRI's. No doubt big pharma scrambling everyone's brains with medicines they essentially know nothing about, nor can appropriately gauge how it will act with a certain person's chemistry is responsible too. Mass shootings did not become a weekly thing until shrinks started handing out SSRI's like jujubes.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if either were on SSRI's? It seems like 95% of these guys are on SSRI's. No doubt big dharma scrambling everyone's brains with medicines they essentially know nothing about, nor can appropriately gauge how it will act with a certain person's chemistry is responsible too. Mass shootings did not become a weekly thing until shrinks started handing out SSRI's like juju bees.
People who go on to be mass shooters should already be in the group that are more likely to be prescribed anti-depressants than the general public (although it's plausible that mass shooters are under-prescribed and/or don't stick to their medication as well due to other reasons like social isolation). And if it turns out that these drugs actually help prevent mass shootings rather than cause them, it wouldn't even show up for you, because of how you frame your speculation.

That researcher is not credible.

The researcher’s name is Adam Lankford, and his answer was unequivocal. No, it only happens here, he proclaimed in a much-quoted 2016 academic paper. America, he said, stands alone. From 1966 to 2012, he documented 90 mass shootings in the United States. In the rest of the world combined – Lankford said he canvassed 171 other nations – there were 202 mass shooters, meaning that the overwhelming number of nations had, on average, one mass killing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Great_Britain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_France

They only happen in America.....Anders Breivik says otherwise

That´s 1 shooting...Politically motivated terror. Get back to me when Norway has weekly mass shootings.

This can´t be prevented, says only western democracy where this is a regular occurence. lol.

Does anyone know if either were on SSRI's? It seems like 95% of these guys are on SSRI's. No doubt big pharma scrambling everyone's brains with medicines they essentially know nothing about, nor can appropriately gauge how it will act with a certain person's chemistry is responsible too. Mass shootings did not become a weekly thing until shrinks started handing out SSRI's like juju bees.

I feel like you have no idea about neurochemistry, but merely saying something out loud to make you seem like you do.

To be fair, NOBODY really knows a whole lot about neurochemistry...

We don't know everything, but we know a shit load more than what people think simply because they google the 'we only know how 10% of it works'.

That 10% is a highly complex system, and science has done/is doing an incredible job of continuing to learn...as opposed to fuckwits who get their information regarding anatomy and physiology from Yahoo news or some crap because they use buzzwords.

The same fuckwits who believe the flu vaccine causes autism for example.

We don't know everything, but we know a shit load more than what people think simply because they google the 'we only know how 10% of it works'.

The reality is that we have a partial understanding of how a fraction of neurotransmitters (about six) actually work to govern mood and cognition. That leaves us with dozens (at a minimum) of neurotransmitters that we know virtually nothing about plus a few we "know" "something" about. We can't even fully explain how known neurotransmitters work and interact much less the complex interplay of it all. The idea of a nuerochemical imbalance is largely a marketing ploy and not well supported by science.

That´s 1 shooting...Politically motivated terror. Get back to me when Norway has weekly mass shootings.

This can´t be prevented, says only western democracy where this is a regular occurence. lol.
Stabbing is what’s en Vogue in Europe. Oh and vehicle attacks. And acid too apparently. They’ve got a diverse palate.

I feel like you have no idea about neurochemistry, but merely saying something out loud to make you seem like you do.
I can you assure, from first hand experience, I know a lot about that shit. I have been on that stuff before, gained 100 lbs and eventually tried to kill myself, so get out of here with that stuff. When I got off it and started exercising, eating right, stopped f'ing around with other substances, living more naturally, taking accountability for my life is when I got things in order. It changes the way your brain works, makes you do and think things that would normally be unthinkable to you - no one really knows anything about it, no matter if some doctor convinces you that they do.

So, was I falsely diagnosed? How did the finest doctors get it so wrong if they are so well educated and informed on neurochemistry? And if I were, how many other poor suckers have been falsely diagnosed too? It's called medical "practice" because that is what they do, practice on poor suckers. Mental health medicine is an absolute mess and in it's infancy at best, and totally on the wrong track at worst (see lobotomies for evidence of these peoples' many successes).

Norway has about 1/70th the number of people. So yeah In raw numbers you have less of everything. All of Western Europe has about the same number of folks. So if you want total numbers you have to compare that.

The problem is clearly guns. We need to ban all guns and seize the remaining guns out there. Maybe offer a reward for those who turn their guns in voluntarily.

I'm sorry, but desperate times call for desperate measures. How long will we let kids continue to die? We need to take the guns

Back