Must haves in an affordable home gym

Lucas Motta

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Been considering building a home gym recently. Any of you sherbros care to share what sort of equipment to buy (keep in mind I'm working on a somewhat tight budget here).

How tight a budget firstly?
Are you able to put a power rack at home or no?

As usual with completely low effort threads, you haven't given us any information as to what kind of training you like to do or what your budget actually is.

- Power rack
- Barbell
- Flat bench
- Goes without saying, but plates
- Plate loadable dumbbell handles

you haven't given us any information as to what kind of training you like to do or what your budget actually is.

- Power rack
- Barbell
- Flat bench

This x2. What style of lifting do you do? Body weight is going to be $1000 cheaper than power lifting.

As usual with completely low effort threads, you haven't given us any information as to what kind of training you like to do or what your budget actually is.

- Power rack
- Barbell
- Flat bench

pretty-much-thats-about-it.gif

- Power rack
- Barbell
- Flat bench
This is a good list. I would just add:

Bumper plates
Curl bar
SSB
Extra barbell
Jump rope
Trap bar
Sled
Farmer's walk implements
Sand bags
Battle rope
Set of plates for outdoors
Stall mats for flooring
Axle bar
Landmine
Bands
Shake weight
Lifting shoes
Straps
Chalk (sidewalk chalk for color choices)

I think that should pretty much get you started. You can always add more to match your preferences.

Start with a rack, flat or adjustable bench, barbell and plates. Add from there.

Chin up bar. Heavy bag. Mats. Whatever weights you can find for cheap.

Depends on what kind of lifting you are planning to do at home. Your non-negotiables are a quality barbell, plates (type depending on what you want to do), and a rack or squat stands. Anything else is generally a bonus depending on what you want to do.

Back