Muslim man sues Oklahoma gun range for refusing him service

spamking

The world is your Indian taco
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Link

OKLAHOMA CITY — A U.S. Army reservist from Tulsa asked to leave a gun range in eastern Oklahoma after identifying himself as a Muslim sued the owners Wednesday, the latest in a series of cases across the nation alleging anti-Islamic discrimination.

The lawsuit on behalf of 29-year-old Raja'ee Fatihah, an employee with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services, was filed in U.S. District Court in Muskogee against the owners of Save Yourself Survival and Tactical Gun Range in the small town of Oktaha.

Sounds like the guy went looking for trouble . . .

Perhaps he did. However the business is stupid for posting a "Muslim Free Establishment" sign. The business does not have a leg to stand on here.

Sounds like he recognized something fundamentally un-American and went out of his way to bring attention to it.

Good on him.

Perhaps he did. However the business is stupid for posting a "Muslim Free Establishment" sign. The business does not have a leg to stand on here.

If they refused him service solely because he is Muslim sure . . . if he confronted them about their sign for the sole purpose of causing an issue I totally understand his frustration, but if the confrontation escalated to the point that folks felt unsafe I'm ok with them asking him to leave.

If they refused him service solely because he is Muslim sure . . . if he confronted them about their sign for the sole purpose of causing an issue I totally understand his frustration, but if the confrontation escalated to the point that folks felt unsafe I'm ok with them asking him to leave.

Very true. If he went in and was loud and belligerent that is a different story. I have the feeling that is not the case.

Very true. If he went in and was loud and belligerent that is a different story. I have the feeling that is not the case.

Oktaha is a pretty out of the way place. He'd have to be making a specific effort to go and express his issues with their sign . . . maybe @Overpressure is correct. Small town Oklahoma is full of odd folks and weird business practices anyway.

Oktaha is a pretty out of the way place. He'd have to be making a specific effort to go and express his issues with their sign . . . maybe @Overpressure is correct. Small town Oklahoma is full of odd folks and weird business practices anyway.

Regardless, the business is still very much in the wrong.

Time for the range owner to learn an expensive lesson.

"A similar lawsuit was filed by CAIR last year against a gun shop in Florida, but that case was dismissed by a federal judge who determined CAIR could not prove its members were harmed by the store's Muslim-free policy, Henderson said."

Sounds like he was looking for trouble in the same way that uppity Rosa Parks was.

Maybe he saw the sign and figured it would be a great opportunity to sue and make a buck. Clever, if very risky.

I hate CAIR but a business putting up a sign like that is simply asking to, rightfully, get sued.

For those saying he was looking for trouble, so what? That's what sit ins during the civil rights movement were; intentionally defying unjust rules for the sake of bringing attention to and challenging them.

You would think a gun range would be very friendly to American Military members. I guess bigotry is more important than nationalism.

Someone looking for trouble

The gun range will have to waste a bunch of loot but will prevail on right to refuse more than likely

When Trump's president he won't even be in this country, so he better get his money while he can.

Don't know what the business thought the sign said . . . but what it really said was "free money"

Back