Muslim erects 85ft Christmas tree in middle of Baghdad to show solidarity with persecuted Christians

I don't think I would call them mentally ill. Everyone that joins ISIS or Al Qaeda isn't mentally ill. They just have a different ideology.

Just like all the people that call the terrorist attacks "senseless", that's nonsense. There is plenty of sense/rationale behind it, if only you listen to what the terrorists are saying.

he was ahmadi. its not the first time theres been sectarian strife in scotland. it is clear terrorism though. the person who did this, should be defiled and annihilated.

What are the odds that this dude is a business owner that just wants to encourage people to buy more shit?

he was ahmadi. its not the first time theres been sectarian strife in scotland. it is clear terrorism though. the person who did this, should be defiled and annihilated.
I'm speaking generally, not about him specifically.

I too believe they should be annihilated or given their own land and have the right for self-determination (however leaving the western world alone). The idea that they are a bunch of madmen is ridiculous though, they are just like any other practitioners of ideology but their ideologies are contradictory to our own.

I'm speaking generally, not about him specifically.

I too believe they should be annihilated or given their own land and have the right for self-determination (however leaving the western world alone). The idea that they are a bunch of madmen is ridiculous though, they are just like any other practitioners of ideology but their ideologies are contradictory to our own.

people dont know me on here. i feel the same whatever the circumstances. if you pick up arms and attack innocent people, then you are a terrorist/mental patient. i dont give a fuck if you follow a racist philosophy or if napolean told you to do it. maybe you just lost your shit. who knows. its not the job of civilians to suffer this shit or of society to countenance it.

Fair play, very brave or very stupid though. These mother fuckers will kill you over a cartoon.

Fair play, very brave or very stupid though. These mother fuckers will kill you over a cartoon.

which motherfuckers, militants or muslims, because its two different things. thats kind of the point.

christmas-tree.jpg

As hundreds of thousands of Iraqi Christians have fled from their homes and are now living as refugees or displaced persons due to fear of persecution by IS (also known as ISIS or ISIL), Saad explained that the point of the Christmas tree initiative at the theme park is for Muslims and others to join "our Christian brothers in their holiday celebrations."

Additionally, Saad is hopeful that it will help "Iraqis forget their anguish, especially the war in Mosul."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/i...y-with-christians-172233/#2ueKXXZe7MpRR3z1.99

“This tree represents love and peace,” said teacher Saba Ismael, as her visiting students took pictures in front of the tree. “I wish all Iraqi Christians could return to Iraq and live normal and peaceful lives.”

@seiger . . .

You know, I've been kind of biting my tongue here.

This thing is a nice gesture.

But I mean let's settle down a tiny bit with the force-fed narrative.

It's like making too much about the child who washed ashore in Greece I believe. It turned out there was more to that story and in actuality the father forced that travel that caused his child to drown when they had asylum.

I mean I'm not saying this is that at all.

But in reality I wouldn't surprised if very few Christians show up in the public square when not too long ago the worst imaginable attrocities were happening to them and their families.

It's not bigoted to say that tomorrow a Christian family could be tarred and burnt alive on that tree.

But regardless . . . why do nice gestures have to demand a response? It has to be normative and over time trust is restored. You can't force the world to trust Muslims. Trust happens organically and literally could take from decades to hundreds of years.

Peacefulness, harmony and everything else can't be forced.

I hope I didn't waste my breath explaining what has to happen.

Just to be clear, it is a nice gesture. Sometimes maybe we need to leave it at that and allow acts to simmer without a demanded response. I know that's hard to do. It reminds me of trying to instantly patch things up with a significant other. A dozen roses doesn't instantly put everything back together again and result in sex so to speak.

@seiger . . .

You know, I've been kind of biting my tongue here.

This thing is a nice gesture.

But I mean let's settle down a tiny bit with the force-fed narrative.

It's like making too much about the child who washed ashore in Greece I believe. It turned out there was more to that story and in actuality the father forced that travel that caused his child to drown when they had asylum.

I mean I'm not saying this is that at all.

But in reality I wouldn't surprised if very few Christians show up in the public square when not too long ago the worst imaginable attrocities were happening to them and their families.

It's not bigoted to say that tomorrow a Christian family could be tarred and burnt alive on that tree.

But regardless . . . why do nice gestures have to demand a response? It has to be normative and over time trust is restored. You can't force the world to trust Muslims. Trust happens organically and literally could take from decades to hundreds of years.

Peacefulness, harmony and everything else can't be forced.

I hope I didn't waste my breath explaining what has to happen.

we disagree. theres no point pretending we dont.

theres areas and groups.

theres also this...

http://qz.com/872066/the-magic-of-christmas-in-dakar-senegal-a-95-muslim-country/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ims-tree-decorations-solidarity-a7494946.html

either way , i think we all got our way of looking at it. only the shills are following an agenda.

ap_859330985066.jpg

ap_128069095368.jpg

This time of year, when you take a walk in the streets of Dakar—the capital city of Senegal, that is 92%-95% Muslim in one of the hottest parts of the world, you stumble upon decorated snowmen, Christmas trees with cotton snowballs, traditional masks covered in Christmas lights. It lifts your spirits and gives you hope the end of the world might not be as near as it seems.

The other day I told someone here I love the religious tolerance in Senegal. They told me it’s not “religious tolerance” but “solidarity.” I love that.

I’ve always been uncomfortable with the term “tolerance.” Something about it inherently means there is something wrong about the other—that it has to be “tolerated.” It’s like how you have to tolerate your kleptomaniac friend or your hypochondriac relative. The word ‘tolerance’ gives us the feeling that we are somehow more superior in some way, but graceful enough to not detest our object of tolerance—even though we feel we have every right to.

ap_486257848373-e1482615049266.jpg

baghdad-tree.jpg

'This is the most joyful time of the year... We are one people,' say shoppers in Baghdad

either way, i think you should post to your conscience and i shall post to mine.

people want to normalise an image of islam and muslims that is not normal or commonstance. the normality is shit like this. the vivid stories of violence, carefully fished out of a data pool of 1.5bn people is the extreme outlier. this is presented as normal, to otherise a quarter of the planet, so its easier to justify killing them, disenfranchising them or just ripping them off. whether that be by blocking recourse to law, in the un with a veto, supporting israeli war crimes, and criminality under international law, or just arming and funding dictatorships.

we hate people that say no to us, as immortal technique said.

how much better we dehumanise them, before we attack them.

weak. in doing so we only really dehumanise ourselves.

most muslims are good people. that doesnt mean there arent militant groups out there that are looking to kill us. or sectarian wars we are ideologically invested in. this should never be confused with the norm though. its a tiny outlier. and america seems to be the only nation, outside of maybe israel, where this is routinely confused.

Last edited:
Figures the Muslim is the one posting violent shit. Lol. Typical.

seriously dude. white western fascists make up a tiny percentage of the planet. you are the minority. you might want to think about that before assuming everyone who hates you is muslim, or jewish or even liberal for that matter.

the world fucking hates you, and you are in no position to talk about violence, on an mma website, because of a cartoon gif.

seriously dude. white western fascists make up a tiny percentage of the planet. you are the minority. you might want to think about that before assuming everyone who hates you is muslim, or jewish or even liberal for that matter.

the world fucking hates you, and you are in no position to talk about violence, on an mma website, because of a cartoon gif.

lol wut?

The Shiites recently have stood in unity with Christians, I'll be shocked if he is a Sunni. What matters is what Sunni's feel because they're the ones killing Christians and forming ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

The whole suicide bombing thing started with shia though.

Those vids and pics are great, hopefully that sort of mentality spreads far and wide across all sects of Islam in the Middle East and beyond. Islam will then become declawed like Christianity and we can peacefully coexist. They seem like great people.

Back