Economy Musk cucks Alameda county. Reaches deal to reopen Telsa factory.

Oh and doubling back to a retarded little debate some of ya'll were having a few pages ago: every single Tesla is a luxury model. It is nowhere near the Honda Civic. The average purchase price of surveryed Model 3 owners iS $53,000. Literally twice that of a Honda. Not to mention you need an income before deductions of about 75,000 minimum to even see the tax credits on it. Guess what the average AGI of someone taking a federal EV credit is? after deductions it's still over $100,000 lol.
I'd gladly buy one if it wasn't associated with an autistic right wing scam artist who doesn't do shit for the actual design of anything.
Honda-Civic-vs-Tesla-Model-3-High-Gas-Price-High-Electricity-Price-Costs.png

lol source: CleanTechnica which is a blog setup to make money selling Tesla referral codes.
Which is why they've made gas $5 a gallon and everyone drives 15,000 miles a year and makes enough money (75kish) to qualify for a tax credit. Totally normal real life middle class examples :rolleyes:
And still doesn't change the facts I sourced from credible places (bloomberg survery of tons of owners and the fed gov) showing the average purchase price to be literally $20,000+ more than a Civic and the average buyer being easily upper class.
Also ignores that Teslas need new tires every 15,000 miles because they weight twice as much and shred rubber. By this dudes calcs that's a new set every year. Just a cool $500 expense a year they're forgetting, all while trying to pretend someone is gonna be paying 3x markup on their gas lol. And while pretending a car that's been out for less than 2 years won't have expensive repairs and specialty maintenance, while a working class person can get Civic parts and service easily. Also kinda sort maybe requires owning a home with exterior or garage power to charge.

Again it's a totally fine car and I'd buy one if the dude who claims credit for all of it wasn't such a shitbag, but only because I can afford it and am not some deluded cult member from the blogosphere trying to sell a dream and a stock to people based on some sci-fi lie.

lol source: CleanTechnica which is a blog setup to make money selling Tesla referral codes.
Which is why they've made gas $5 a gallon and everyone drives 15,000 miles a year and makes enough money (75kish) to qualify for a tax credit. Totally normal real life middle class examples :rolleyes:.

Just because they are a website that covers EV news doesn't mean the information is fake.

That graph breaking down the costs I posted was from a different website and doesn't even include tax credits.

If you're looking at a 5-year period, you would just need to save $3k a year to make up for the initial $15k or whatever difference. Resale value is hugely different. It may not be at this very moment, but electricity is usually cheaper than gas. There is almost no maintenance. You literally have to fill up the windshield wiper fluid and change an air filter every 3 years. And maybe testing the brake fluid after 30k miles. You save money there. You can look at the cost breakdown and point out what's wrong about it.

Even if a Tesla wasn't cheaper than a Camry/Civic, even if it cost a tiny bit more, anyone choosing to buy a Camry doesn't really understand what a model 3 offers for the $. Honestly, I feel sorry for anyone who buys a Civic instead of a Model 3. What an unfortunate mistake.

Teslas need new tires every 15,000 miles because they weight twice as much and shred rubber.
This is not true, unless you're driving super aggressively everyday. They should last most people at least 30-50k. I have over 12k miles on my Tesla and went to a repair center recently for the HW3 computer upgrade. They didn't even recommend rotating the tires. They said come back in about another 12k miles and they would check tire wear again, but they didn't suspect significant differential wear based on where I live and drive each day. My tires aren't anywhere close to needing replacement, and I show my car off for people all the time.

Also kinda sort maybe requires owning a home with exterior or garage power to charge.
Yes, if you want to keep costs low. Or charge for free at work or one of the free public charging stations.

Edmunds also had a chart of 5-year cost of ownership for Tesla, but I can't seem to locate it on their site. If memory serves me right, they put it somewhere in a similar place as cleantechnica, around a Civic EX/Camry SE.

But remember that the Tesla is safer than a Camry/Civic, way faster, has much more cool tech, and drives much better. It's an insanely better car.

Its impracticle for people living in suburban or rural areas.

So it is possible for people to get food with out a car.
"impracticle"... is not the same as impossible also not everybody lives in rural areas.

So it is possible for people to get food with out a car.
"impracticle"... is not the same as impossible also not everybody lives in rural areas.

Ok. Your solution is that old people walk 20 miles to the store with a wheelbarrow to carry their groceries home, even in the winter.

My solution is to declare cars essential and allow them to be produced.

I guess we will just have to disagree.

Ok. Your solution is that old people walk 20 miles to the store with a wheelbarrow to carry their groceries home, even in the winter.

My solution is to declare cars essential and allow them to be produced.

I guess we will just have to disagree.

No its not..
I quoted a post that asked " How do you get to food without a car?"
It did not specify anything else. How you some how manage to get to old people waling 20miles to the store I dont know.
I live in a city my old neighbors simply walks the 5min down to the big super market.

Secondly LOL at thinking Tesla is essential so old people can buy a Tesla to go grocery shopping..

No its not..
I quoted a post that asked " How do you get to food without a car?"
It did not specify anything else. How you some how manage to get to old people waling 20miles to the store I dont know.
I live in a city my old neighbors simply walks the 5min down to the big super market.

Secondly LOL at thinking Tesla is essential so old people can buy a Tesla to go grocery shopping..

I don't have diabetes and don't need insulin shots. Therefor, I conclude insulin shots are not essential and I believe all insulin shots should cease production. This is your argument.

I don't have diabetes and don't need insulin shots. Therefor, I conclude insulin shots are not essential and I believe all insulin shots should cease production. This is your argument.

In that case your argument is old people cant get food with out buying a Tesla.

Without buying a car. Tesla is a brand of car.

So with out a car old people cant buy food?
You never mentioned old people or rural areas in the first post I quoted...

It went from "" How do you get to food without a car?" to old people in rural areas walking 20miles to buy food and there for need a car. Oh and car manufactures need to open up so old people can buy cars because they dont already have a car...
So they actually manage to buy food before with out a car? Or?

So with out a car old people cant buy food?
You never mentioned old people or rural areas in the first post I quoted...

Old people in rural areas are one example of people who need a car to buy food. I had to give you a concrete example since you seem to lack any ability to think one up on your own.

It went from "" How do you get to food without a car?" to old people in rural areas walking 20miles to buy food and there for need a car.

Yes. That's not moving the goalposts. Some people are old and live in rural areas. Some people are handicapped. Sometimes, there are extended periods of bad weather. There are a lot of reasons cars are necessary. Just go watch a youtube on cars or something.

Oh and car manufactures need to open up so old people can buy cars because they dont already have a car...
So they actually manage to buy food before with out a car? Or?
Cars don't last forever. They need to replaced. Nor does everyone who now needs a car, already own one. Needs change over time.

At least he didn't call anybody "Pedo guy" in this tweet. Maybe he's waiting for a doctor to respond before pulling that one out.
Honestly, that wasn't even a big deal imo. Dude was getting hate for just trying to help, simply because he's a rich white male

Old people in rural areas are one example of people who need a car to buy food. I had to give you a concrete example since you seem to lack any ability to think one up on your own.

Yes. That's not moving the goalposts. Some people are old and live in rural areas. Some people are handicapped. Sometimes, there are extended periods of bad weather. There are a lot of reasons cars are necessary. Just go watch a youtube on cars or something.

Cars don't last forever. They need to replaced. Nor does everyone who now needs a car, already own one. Needs change over time.

That also means not all people need a car to get food.
So " How do you get to food without a car?" in some cases you walk down to the store...
Sorry for not thinking up ever example of people that might need a car to get food based on "" How do you get to food without a car?"

That also means not all people need a car to get food.
You've tried several times now to set up that strawman. Cut it out.

So " How do you get to food without a car?" in some cases you walk down to the store...
Sorry for not thinking up ever example of people that might need a car to get food based on "" How do you get to food without a car?"

Apology accepted. I'm glad you learned from this why people might consider cars to be essential.

Back