Elections Newsom’s in-laws move to FL and donate to Desantis (FL/Desantis mega thread)

cottagecheesefan

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lead singer of Lynard Skinner came out with a new Desantis theme song. Full song below in the youtube, footage of the music video in the twitter post.

Don't want to divery the FL bill thread, as that is still getting great dicussion. So I'll use this thread to show how much he Desantis is killin it, I'll just use this as my ongoing thread for Desantis news, but mostly his governorship race which is this year.

As you can see, he is clearly leading at the polls.

This link has a number of polls, which has him as high as 55% in some. Which is quite impressive, considering people were thinking FL was turning blue, yet one of the most MAGA-centric republicans, hated by the democrats is crushing it

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/governor/florida/

All members of the band are long dead so what is this? A parody?

After releasing five studio albums and one live album, the band's career was abruptly halted on October 20, 1977, when their chartered airplane crashed, killing Van Zant, Steve Gaines, and backup singer Cassie Gaines, and seriously injuring the rest of the band.

In 1987, Lynyrd Skynyrd reunited for a full-scale tour with five major members of the pre-crash band: crash survivors Gary Rossington, Billy Powell, Leon Wilkeson and Artimus Pyle, along with guitarist Ed King, who had left the band two years before the crash. Ronnie Van Zant's younger brother, Johnny, took over as the new lead singer and primary songwriter.

After releasing five studio albums and one live album, the band's career was abruptly halted on October 20, 1977, when their chartered airplane crashed, killing Van Zant, Steve Gaines, and backup singer Cassie Gaines, and seriously injuring the rest of the band.

In 1987, Lynyrd Skynyrd reunited for a full-scale tour with five major members of the pre-crash band: crash survivors Gary Rossington, Billy Powell, Leon Wilkeson and Artimus Pyle, along with guitarist Ed King, who had left the band two years before the crash. Ronnie Van Zant's younger brother, Johnny, took over as the new lead singer and primary songwriter.

So the younger brother reincarnated the band? Have they made a single hit since then that would get me to pay attention to what he has to say?

Desantis is cool in my book but that song is hot garbage lol.

I did not comment on the song itself. But who can argue that Desantis does not look bad ass in the image for the song. Aviators over top of an aligator? Plus lightning bolts out the aligator's mouth? Work of art.

Desantis is cool in my book but that song is hot garbage lol.

Yeah this is one thing that conservatives always get wrong.

I like old school Skynyrd but this is about as bad as dressing up like a lumberjack and wrestling with a bear in a campaign video to show how right wing you are.

So the younger brother reincarnated the band? Have they made a single hit since then that would get me to pay attention to what he has to say?
I'm assuming its basically a cover band with street cred. It was like the Penis Clearwater Revival.

I'm assuming its basically a cover band with street cred. It was like the Penis Clearwater Revival.

Donnie does have some music cred being a member of a formerly successful band (.38 Special) iirc, but Skinner nowadays is bad, and it’s a pretty sucky thing to do to release such a bad hack-job under the bands name.

I saw yesterday some members of the legislature hinted at this, but it seems Desantis officially has mentioned it too, as retaliation for Disney saying they are going to back groups working to legally challenge some of Desantis bills.

I find it very interesting because Orange county is very blue for residents and people voting. But there is also a lot of republicans who own property there that they Air BnB. But basically Disney has land in a few counties, mostly Orange county, that makes up a district that basically governs itself, build what it wants, etc.

I think Disney kind of put itself in a bind because they aren't going to leave FL, they have too much stuff/infrastructure here. So it isn't like Desantis fighting them in this way is going to reduce tourism, IMO. Disney isn't going to purposefully drive away their customers. If anything, this would lead to the state and the counties getting more money through permits and other regulatory means. So the republicans with the Air BnBs and such who rent them out won't be upset... meanwhile the same people who protest Desantis will still come, because Disney will still promote whatever and attract those people.

I think it is a great move, Win-Win, and won't piss off republicans. Either get Disney to STFU or get more local and state money and let them pay for it since they have so much profit.

Donnie does have some music cred being a member of a formerly successful band (.38 Special) iirc, but Skinner nowadays is bad, and it’s a pretty sucky thing to do to release such a bad hack-job under the bands name.

it isn't released under the band's name. It is released under Van Zant. However, he was lead singer for over 30 years, so it is still appropriate to point out he was lead singer for Lynyrd Skynyrd

it isn't released under the band's name. It is released under Van Zant. However, he was lead singer for over 30 years, so it is still appropriate to point out he was lead singer for Lynyrd Skynyrd

oh, okay, that sounds more reasonable. Thanks for clearing up. It was a horrible song and should be associated more with .38 Special.

I saw yesterday some members of the legislature hinted at this, but it seems Desantis officially has mentioned it too, as retaliation for Disney saying they are going to back groups working to legally challenge some of Desantis bills.

I find it very interesting because Orange county is very blue for residents and people voting. But there is also a lot of republicans who own property there that they Air BnB. But basically Disney has land in a few counties, mostly Orange county, that makes up a district that basically governs itself, build what it wants, etc.

I think Disney kind of put itself in a bind because they aren't going to leave FL, they have too much stuff/infrastructure here. So it isn't like Desantis fighting them in this way is going to reduce tourism, IMO. Disney isn't going to purposefully drive away their customers. If anything, this would lead to the state and the counties getting more money through permits and other regulatory means. So the republicans with the Air BnBs and such who rent them out won't be upset... meanwhile the same people who protest Desantis will still come, because Disney will still promote whatever and attract those people.

I think it is a great move, Win-Win, and won't piss off republicans. Either get Disney to STFU or get more local and state money and let them pay for it since they have so much profit.

i think they should revoke it anyway, nothing to do with ‘wokeness’. Any politician going against Disney better be ready for the shiv though. It’s going to be difficult to get a real change here.

Lead singer of Lynard Skinner came out with a new Desantis theme song. Full song below in the youtube, footage of the music video in the twitter post.

Don't want to divery the FL bill thread, as that is still getting great dicussion. So I'll use this thread to show how much he Desantis is killin it, I'll just use this as my ongoing thread for Desantis news, but mostly his governorship race which is this year.

As you can see, he is clearly leading at the polls.

This link has a number of polls, which has him as high as 55% in some. Which is quite impressive, considering people were thinking FL was turning blue, yet one of the most MAGA-centric republicans, hated by the democrats is crushing it

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/governor/florida/

LYNYRD SKYNYRD

i think they should revoke it anyway, nothing to do with ‘wokeness’. Any politician going against Disney better be ready for the shiv though. It’s going to be difficult to get a real change here.

I moved to FL about 10 years ago and wasn't even aware of this until Act until yesterday when some state legislators were talking about it. Granted I live in Miami and don't like going to Disney/Orlando. But after reading about it, I agree it should be revoked, although it was hard to find any information on the actual impact of taxes and regulatory fees they save by their self-governing stuff. But even like the park guests at the properties in Osceola have the lower tax rate of Orlando (7% vs 6.5%). Orlando outside of the parks and Disney springs is pretty trashy too, so I am sure the countyies could use the extra money, among other things

What is also interesting is Desantis pushed the Capital Investment Tax Credits Programs, which is going to be saving Disney over half a billion, which is why they are already building their new campus, Lake Nova, in FL and moving 2000 employees from CA and other areas to FL. Disney just started building it, but have already done a lot of work, so I doubt they would just cancel the project.

They thought they could bully Desantis to reevaluate that bill and possibly not sign it, which seems to have pissed him off. I think Desantis has a stronger hand to play going forward as well and has the support of Floridians.

As recently as 2018, FL had 300k more registered democrats than republicans. Now republicans have 100k more registered voters than dems

Back