Musicians of Sherdog

Discussion in 'Abbey Road' started by Count Zero, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Count Zero

Count Zero Twisting Nether

Share 'em if you got 'em.

The Youtube link you see in my sig there, I've had it there for a while - but I've never directly linked any of my stuff.

Here are two channel trailers I have. A minute each, three 20-second samples in each (with links to the full tracks).

Newest tracks:

First channel trailer:

Jackonfire likes this.
  2. HeDucking

HeDucking Im so Groovy Banned

Your music seems like the background music to fast paced 2d platformers and rocket league. Maybe send get in toch with indie developers.
    Seems decent honestly. The slideshow for the videos was off putting though.

3. Psychedelic

Psychedelic Red Belt

I DJ glitch / breakbeats / dub in parties and local festivals. Psychedelic rock sometimes. I do it as a side-thing for fun. Usually get a booking or two per year.

Once played a drone metal gig at 3:00 am to an audience mostly peaking on acid. I was behind the decks playing tracks for Sunn o)))), Earth, etc. and fucking around with effects, while a friend was playing live guitar. It was hands down the most fun gig I ever performed. Here's a pic from it.

[​IMG]

https://soundcloud.com/traveller_inthisworld

Not my own tracks, but it's the kind of stuff I play.

Jackonfire and Count Zero like this.
  4. Count Zero

Thanks for the tips. I wasn't sure how the equalizer plugin would really work out, but I wanted to have the tracks on Youtube and I didn't just want a still image or something. But maybe that'd be best for now.

edit/update:

Oh, I just realized you meant the slideshow for the channel trailers ? I'll see what I can do about sprucing it up for my next one(s). I actually didn't figure anyone would be paying attention to it, really just wanted an excuse to play short clips of the best parts of my songs haha

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Jackonfire likes this.
  5. Count Zero

Not sure if you meant the stuff you linked was supposed to be like the stuff you DJ but it was pretty cool. Got a bit of a Delerium / Conjure One vibe from 'em.

6. Metusalemi

Metusalemi Black Belt

I had a fun band with my good friends back in the 90's. These songs are recorded in 1996 and we were all in our teens. Also the recording methods were shit compared to modern "straight to computer" recordings, so don't be too judgmental of the sounds. I am the bass player.

We were mostly influenced by Metallica and Dream Theater. (remember, back in those days Metallica was still good and Dream Theater was new.)

https://www.reverbnation.com/jp´sprojects/song/1504903-virtual-the-tears-of-rain

Those were such happy times... Nobody had a care in the world. I remember I had a summer job at the local gas station. I worked there during the day and after work I went to the "studio" for the recordings.

I Implore you to listen to all of those scores.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Count Zero likes this.
  7. mbinder

mbinder This shark, swallow you whole.

soundcloud.com/acousticstylings

Just some covers I've recorded over the last few years for various reasons. Most are with a computer mic, but Jealous Guy and the Fastball cover are a little more polished.

I also have a bunch of original songs I've been sitting on for awhile but am too chickenshit to post. I think 2017 will be the year I do something with them.

Count Zero likes this.
  8. Count Zero

I started making music in the 90's. Literally was making midi files.

New year, new start, sounds like a good time to start posting those originals ! This was my first foray beyond just quietly having my stuff uploaded to Soundcloud / Youtube (only sharing like on FB and Twitter, mostly directly to people I know in real life).

9. Count Zero

I checked out a couple of your tracks. Sounds like the stuff one of my buddies listened to when we were in middle school. The first one had a very strong level of atmosphere.

I actually liked the Paul Simon cover. Can't really say I'm a big Paul Simon fan but I'm a big fan of the 80s and c'mon that song/video are 80's as hell.