Music Trends That Were Short Lived

in the late 90s and early 00s when ever non-rap group seemed to have a DJ who would occassionally scratch.

Not talking about the rap-rock groups.
I mean groups like Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Less Than Jake.... numerous others.

Boy bands
New Jack Swing
Limp Bizkit
Dubstep
New Wave
Synthpop

Depends on what you consider short lived
1960s: The Osmonds, the Jackson 5 and the Monkees
1970s and 1980s: Menudo, New Edition, and New Kids on the Block
1990s: Boyz II Men, Take That, Westlife, Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync
2000s: Backstreet Boys, Westlife, TVXQ!, Jonas Brothers and F4

The boy band genre will never go away simply because you will always have that tween/teen female market

Nobody I know, that listens to music, listens to any electronic music. Because it's fucking gay.
Real mature my friend.

Just because your group of friends are close minded doesn't mean electronic music is "gay" as you put it. You should really open your mind a little because you will find some really quality electronic music

You mean bands like rites of spring, one last wish, and embrace?

Also I'm surprised that no one has mentioned rap rock/nu metal yet.
Hmm I had to do a little research, and I guess what I always knew as 'emo' was really called screamo. I lived in NY in the early 2000's, and almost every concert I would go to had one of those terrible bands injected into it. And then there was shit like Deathcab for Cutie too, that we all just lumped in as emo at the time. I thought it was horrible and I couldn't stand hearing guys go on stage and wail like wimps. Some of them would literally be fake crying or whatever

Shit like this: [YT]P6yTfwJCzqY[/YT]

There was also a lot of 'Hardcore' bands around back then, like Converge which I did like at the time. Looking back at it though i guess they were pretty shitty too heheh. At least they weren't full blown wusses though

The new Real Estate album is doing pretty well and American Football just re-released their s/t. The World is a Beautiful Place... hit a lot of top 10 lists last year. It's doing pretty good right now.

I couldn't say, I don't know who those bands are. I listened to a few songs from 'emo bands from the 80's the other guy mentioned, and while they weren't my thing I wouldn't go out of my way to trash them like I would screamo. If Real Estate or American Football are screamo bands though, they can go straight to hell

in the late 90s and early 00s when ever non-rap group seemed to have a DJ who would occassionally scratch.

Not talking about the rap-rock groups.
I mean groups like Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Less Than Jake.... numerous others.

Dude, Less Than Jake never had a DJ.

Which gives more insult to Dub Step. Even other electronic music fans think its garbage.

Guy's like Burial are pretty lauded.

I couldn't say, I don't know who those bands are. I listened to a few songs from 'emo bands from the 80's the other guy mentioned, and while they weren't my thing I wouldn't go out of my way to trash them like I would screamo. If Real Estate or American Football are screamo bands though, they can go straight to hell

Yeah, emo isn't screamo. You'd probably still hate it though by the sound's of things.

Real mature my friend.

Just because your group of friends are close minded doesn't mean electronic music is "gay" as you put it. You should really open your mind a little because you will find some really quality electronic music

My posts are the apex of maturity. And techno, electronic, house, etc., is all shit.

1960s: The Osmonds, the Jackson 5 and the Monkees
1970s and 1980s: Menudo, New Edition, and New Kids on the Block
1990s: Boyz II Men, Take That, Westlife, Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync
2000s: Backstreet Boys, Westlife, TVXQ!, Jonas Brothers and F4

The boy band genre will never go away simply because you will always have that tween/teen female market

You c&p'ed that from wiki, but point taken. I don't really consider some of those boy bands. I more consider some of them to be R&B groups. Maybe it was just wishful thinking that boy bands like BSB and 'N Sync would fade away.

Nobody I know, that listens to music, listens to any electronic music. Because it's fucking gay.

If you don't listen to any kind of eletronic, which is a pretty broad term, then your music taste is lame and close-minded as fuck. Try to expand your horizons a bit and try finding some friends over the age of 12.

TS, it just sounds like you're naming one or two hit wonders.

I'm hoping all this fake, mainstream "americana, indie" music goes away. I'm tired of hearing it on car insurance commercials.

And dub step. Shit is awful. No one I know that listens to electronic music listens to dub step. Seems to be mostly juggalos and metal heads listening to it from my personal experience.
What I meant were more currently huge artists who won't see 2015 or 2016

Back