Music Trends That Were Short Lived

came to say dubstep. wtf is that shit?

U like the avett brothers?

Each band has usually 1 or 2 good ones but odds are if they play any type of gig that ends in "fest" I don't like them lol.

Kings of Leon, Fun, Mumford & Sons were lesser known and loved, then became IT and dissappeared fast as shit

hopefully Imagine Dragons will be next, their style is just super bland to me

I would say Hipster music but that shit would actually have to be trending.

Korean pop songs by fat guys?

Mike Jones, Paul Wall and that whole Houston/Chopped & Screwed thing sure disappeared pretty quickly.

I remember crunkcore, specifically a band called Brokencyde. A review of them once said "Imagine an impassioned triceratops mating with a steam turbine, while off to the side Daft Punk and the Bee Gees beat each other to death with skillets and spatulas. Imagine the sound that would make. Just try. BrokeNCYDE is kind of like that, except it also makes you want to jab your thumbs into your eyeballs and gargle acid."

Fuck, i'd happily forgotten about them until now

Gangsta rap, mafioso rap, G funk, Crunk.. Not that they were short lived but they've pretty much died off now. I can see gangsta rap becoming a little more prevailant with all these Compton dudes coming out recently tho.

Let's see how long trap music stays around

And I'm not a Macklemore fan but I thought it was cool that he's a huge Blackalicious fan. I saw some shit on MTV and he was shouting Gift of Gab out when talking influences lol. I don't see it tho, made me go wtf

big beat
speed garage
minimal
dubstep
progressive house

It's gotta be Ska...

back in the 90's when I was in college it was all the rage...the mix of brass instruments with modern alternative...it seemed to take off like wild fire and practically disappeared over night.

Our band was included in a sampler album. almost half of the bands were ska/punk-ska. I wrote 2 songs. one of them was bashing ska & their skateboarding ways. Shit's funny & awkward everytime we perform with the other bands while promoting said sampler album.

LMFAO seemed to take over the world completely.

For about one month.

Mike Jones, Paul Wall and that whole Houston/Chopped & Screwed thing sure disappeared pretty quickly.

I honestly liked some of the Houston Chopped and Skrewed kind of stuff. I'm not even a big hip hop guy. But I had a friend who did that style, I always thought his shit was pretty good actually. Kind of bummed he never really went all out and persued it.

It was cool.

The boy-band explosion of the late nineties.

I don't know, that shit seemed like it lasted forever. I thought it would never die for a minute there. Luckily I was wrong. It was pretty hilarious to see the backstreet boys try to make a comeback recently and fail hard.

Back