Music Trends That Were Short Lived

Jesse Pinkman

Life's a risk, carnal
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say Macklemore has dropped off after such a strong year. A lot of backlash has come of his gay anthem. He's no longer a credible underground rapper that he was once considered

I would say lorde is going to be that way too. I always thought her album came off as very catcher in the rye type shit. (I'm real and everyone else is a phony). All her songs have the same content about how different she is. I don't think we could count on a strong sophomore album from her without making some pretty major repeats of her content and production.

I don't see what you posted, what song is it?

the kid rapper duo thing that was big in the early 90s

Mainstream Ska back in the mid to late 90s.
Mighty Might Bosstones and other groups had some songs that had mass appeal and for awhile you had alot of bands jumping on that sound.

the kid rapper duo thing that was big in the early 90s

The mac dad will make ya, JUMP JUMP. The daddy mac will make ya, JUMP JUMP.

008799ce7618c2282bc81cb62db71328.600x778x1.jpg

maybe on going, but tired of fighter rock. If anyone has trouble knowing what I'm talking about

Mumford, Lumineers, etc.

Maybe I'm just way over saturated to it since it's what all my friends are into but I'm really over those festival music type bands.

I like almost every band posted here lol. WHAT AM I?

True Emo was mercifully short lived

It's gotta be Ska...

back in the 90's when I was in college it was all the rage...the mix of brass instruments with modern alternative...it seemed to take off like wild fire and practically disappeared over night.

Horrorcore. Thank god that shjr killed itself lol.

Afrocentric music came and went pretty quick

in a few years from now Dub Step

it kinda sucks because i really enjoyed dubstep like 7-8 years ago when i only heard it at raves when i was on ecstasy. the build up and drops felt amazing when i was rolling. it was supposed to be experimental emphasis on drum and bass, and was pretty cool

then it became aol dial up tones

It's gotta be Ska...

back in the 90's when I was in college it was all the rage...the mix of brass instruments with modern alternative...it seemed to take off like wild fire and practically disappeared over night.

Came to post Ska

It's gotta be Ska...

That's a good one.

Back