Music has not evolved

Pretty much agree, music in general across most genre's went flat in the late 90's.

What is crazy is that audio quality and fidelity has gone DOWN as well. Streaming has really ruined the game. I still try and do mostly physical music (Vinyl, CD, Cassette) or FLAC ran through a DAC.

Music never stops evolving, we are just in the peak of the wal mart era

Cause people are using the same few programs to make the same sounding shit on a computer these days.

mainstream music/radio sure.

But thats always the way.

LOL @ using decades as a way of measuring evolution.

Also LOL @ being so conservative and using those terms, while pretending to be unhappy and kinda bored with the ways things are going.

It has evolved into EDM trash, where band like Imagine Dragons are considered "rock" music. It is pretty pathetic.

Fortunately, there's real rock out there still, you just gotta look for it.

If you listen to a 50s song, you know it's a 50s song. If you listen to a 60s song, you know it's a 60s song. The same if you listen to 70s, 80s, and even the 90s.

However, if you took a hit song released in the late 90s and early 00s and released it today, it wouldn't sound out of place on the radio today, in the 2020s.

There are talented artists today, but shit has not evolved. Its stagnant.

i agree, and i think there is an obvious reason why. making money was taken out of making music, so potential artists stopped putting in their time and effort into making quality music. nowadays, it's so easy to copy music, that the only way to make money off your music, is to play live. it's no coincidence that this began the moment the technology came to copy music. napster was the beginning of this on a mass scale. i even remember south park making a spoof of this on an episode in the late 90's.

some people do things out of simple enjoyment. and that's great. but if you want someone to put in a lot of time and effort into creating something amazing, they will usually want a big reward for it. no more rewards for putting out a quality album, aside from praise from strangers with nothing to show for it.

Back