Muscular Fatigue when rolling

Didn't mean to hate. I'm just thinking of large muscle groups and if they fatigue quicker than slender builds. Or is this just a myth?

I have no problem with Mark Coleman. He was the best in the world for a while. Pretty much invented the ground and pound. Won a Grand Prix in Pride. Fought Fedor a couple of times. Can't argue with that resume'.

I get back muscle fatigue. I try to work my postural muscles. This game is all about posture.

well you are correct, more muscle = more oxygen needed, and Coleman had stamina problems for going full out everything he had right from the get go, never pacing himself.. He weight almost 250 lbs at the time and it worked very well, as most couldnt withstand the bullrush. But the Mo Smith and Pete Williams changed that philosophy. Mark Now fights at about 225-230 and has gone 25 mins agains Igor, the disctance with Frye, and with Morais. has not gassed since 1999.

I've been training over a year and I have the same problem, specifically in my arms. I'm a really skinny guy, around 6'2 and 150 pounds. Because of my small size I never try to outmuscle anyone, I try to use proper technique. I'm just a white belt so obviously my technique sucks and I'm not conserving as much energy as I could be, but I'm doing as well as I can and my muscles still fail on me after a few rounds of sparring against larger opponents. Right now I'm working on strength training and conditioning. Pushups, pullups, burpees, as well as lifting heavy. Head over to the Strength & Power forum and read the FAQ, the Conditioning forum and read the FAQ, and look up some Ross Enamait videos on YouTube.

dam for you and me, I bet the triangle is your go to move huh :icon_chee

Chances are, it has nothing to do with the workouts that you are doing outside of BJJ/MMA class. In fact, you are probably stronger than most people in their. The key is when you are rolling to breath constantly, and not to use a great deal of muscle. As you get close to black belt, you will learn the right times to use muscle, but for now I would advice you to use as much of your technique as possible. If you do this, you will not only increase your JJ IQ but also be able to roll longer on the mat.

well you are correct, more muscle = more oxygen needed, and Coleman had stamina problems for going full out everything he had right from the get go, never pacing himself.. He weight almost 250 lbs at the time and it worked very well, as most couldnt withstand the bullrush. But the Mo Smith and Pete Williams changed that philosophy. Mark Now fights at about 225-230 and has gone 25 mins agains Igor, the disctance with Frye, and with Morais. has not gassed since 1999.

Who says Coleman hasn't evolved. Here is a pic of me with Coleman at the EliteXC on CBS:

IMG_2636.jpg

He GnP'ed me afterwards.

Back