Thursday 8/12- Wolverine
4.5 mile trail run
stop at 2 mile mark for the following lifts:
30- squat clean pres
30- dead lift
30- 'KB' swings
30- push ups
finish the run.

This one wasted me. I had to walk much of the second half of the trail.

I'll have to put a timer on this one next time around.

Friday 8/13
2 hours bouldering. Worked a few new V4s in the cave. Crushed anything less.

Thursday 8/12- Wolverine
4.5 mile trail run
stop at 2 mile mark for the following lifts:
30- squat clean pres
30- dead lift
30- 'KB' swings
30- push ups
finish the run.

This one wasted me. I had to walk much of the second half of the trail.

I'll have to put a timer on this one next time around.

How'd you get access to the weights?

How'd you get access to the weights?

I found three different sized boulders and a heavy branch for the overhead squats.

I like lifting awkward or odd shaped objects. I think I get a better workout with these items over balanced weights. Then again it's not to say I think this should completely replace weights.

Monday 8/16- Spiderman

6x 5.6 route with 5X 20 pushups
50 pull ups
50 high chair leg lifts
50 burpees
50 squats
50 cartwheels
50 mountain climbers

as a follow up to this work out I'm thinking about 'Venom'

wind sprints with 10 box jumps x5
L sit
ball slams
dips
bouldering work

Wednesday 8/18
2 hours bouldering. Still knocking out V4s on second/ third attempt.

Thursday 8/19

Morning run 6 miles- 1 hr
triplet of Pull ups, Dips, 70 lb universal shoulder press (hey, it's what was available). 50 of each broken down to blocks of ten. rotated exercises.

Down to 155 lb. I'm weak but my climbing is strong.

nice. digging the gpp and intensity!

thanks man. what's GPP?

I'll be looking to borrow a friends 2 pood KB this weekend for some Turkish get ups and 1 hand clean and presses. I'll see how that goes.

thanks man. what's GPP?

I'll be looking to borrow a friends 2 pood KB this weekend for some Turkish get ups and 1 hand clean and presses. I'll see how that goes.

general physical preparedness. I'm probably using it incorrectly here. anyways - those are awesome workouts. KBs are really fun for conditioning, too!

cheers

general physical preparedness. I'm probably using it incorrectly here. anyways - those are awesome workouts. KBs are really fun for conditioning, too!

cheers

GPP- I like that.

I have no need for a 315 bench or huge squat. I've found over my 44 years those things rarely come into play in life. However what I've found to be useful is to be able to spend a full day on my feet either hiking or urban walking with my arms full of my girlfriends shopping. I can also spend a day of doing heavy yard work without my back killing me. You'd be surprised how much work it takes to get a stubborn shrub out of the ground.

If you need any ideas for a workout let me know. I continually come up with new challenges for myself based on the environment presented.

GPP- I like that.

I have no need for a 315 bench or huge squat. I've found over my 44 years those things rarely come into play in life. However what I've found to be useful is to be able to spend a full day on my feet either hiking or urban walking with my arms full of my girlfriends shopping. I can also spend a day of doing heavy yard work without my back killing me. You'd be surprised how much work it takes to get a stubborn shrub out of the ground.

If you need any ideas for a workout let me know. I continually come up with new challenges for myself based on the environment presented.

likewise!

whenever something cool comes up, I'll give you a shout. (when I get back to crossfitting, hopefully there'll be some fun stuff)

Friday 8/20- 2 hours bouldering session at the cliffs.

readily handling V4s. My climbing seems to have improved with the weight loss. But do I like being skinny?

Saturday 8/21- Wolverine again.
That guy is tough. as usual I was a wasted sack after that one. However I walked much less of the run than in my prior effort.

Monday 8/23- Hiked 9 miles in Bear mountian park. enjoyed a Bitches brew from Dogfish head.

Wednesday 8/25- Sarah picked the workout
3 sets of 20 pull ups (50 weighted with 25 lbs) and high chair leg lifts.
3 mile run
2- 5.9/8, 2- 5.8/7, 2- 5.6
finger board beginner with 3 sets of 20 push up/ 30 crunches
bouldered a few problems

I like the creativity in your work outs. A couple posts back in the Spiderman workout you listed 50 cartwheels. Do you do those all in a row?

whoa, this stuff is fucking awesome! can't wait til I go on my next camping trip. I'll try and get creative like this

keep up the good stuff!

I like the creativity in your work outs. A couple posts back in the Spiderman workout you listed 50 cartwheels. Do you do those all in a row?

Alternate directions so you don't get dizzy.

If you're good; cartwheel into the handstand, lower to a headstand, press back up, and finish the cartwheel.

whoa, this stuff is fucking awesome! can't wait til I go on my next camping trip. I'll try and get creative like this

keep up the good stuff!

bring an axe for Tabata wood chopping, Stone carrying competition with friends, pick nick table box jumps, log balancing, and shot put are a few things I'd try.

The world is your gym. You just a have to figure out what to do with it.

I like lifting awkward or odd shaped objects. I think I get a better workout with these items over balanced weights. Then again it's not to say I think this should completely replace weights.

The world is your gym. You just a have to figure out what to do with it.

You train like rocky..

Good job with your training, it looks really fun and that's what is important.

Thursday 8/26- Colossus
2 pood kettle bell
10 (5L/ 5R) Turkish get ups
20 (10 L/ 10R) clean and push press
30 sumo deadlift high pulls
40 KB swings

Back