Muscle overlap

You sir are stupid. Or, your deprivation of socio-cultural and tactile stimulation has resulted in an anomie verging on semi-involutional catatonia.

Yes. You sound like you just watched 'Annie Hall' and are regurgitating late-70's psychobabble from the movie. Either that or you're first-year psych major (how droll).

BBs lift to look good. We lift to get strong. I realize this hair-splitting distinction flies miles over your head, but give me a few, my wife teaches middle school, I'm sure we can dumb it down enough for even you to understand.

Yes I can 'buck razor sharp knives' (here we call them 'Buck Knives') and no, one stab doesn't kill you.

Who the FUCK said we are normal or sane? Thats for wimps and pussies and crybabies.

Yes, this place is full of angry aggressive hateful motherfuckers and if you can't hack it go back to sesamestreet.com from whence you came!

whew! I thought I are the only one who were like
bolo03.jpg

three years later ,my reaction.
You have been lurking for 3 months, took the time to dig up a 3 year old thread, and this is what you come up with? 3 months of lurking, and 4 hours since your first post - I'd say your time is up.

loser.JPG

Good god... I've been here or 5 years... I need something better to do with my time.

Strength, power, and explosive excercises have done wonders for my aesthetics since I transitioned from a bodybuilder workout guy like 2 years ago.

Now, I look great and have athleticism ar greater than any of the guys in my gym who do bb stuff. Actually, none of them are athletic looking, even the ones who are ripped. Yes they look muscular but not athletic and muscular.

i used to spread out the my lifting to 5 days a week but the more weight i was doin, i wasnt getting enough rest and i was always tired

i cut it down to 3 days:

monday: chest/shoulders/tris

wed: legs / some arms

fri: back / some bis

i started incorporating more complexes and it was a hard tranisition to let go of some of the isolation (im still havin trouble letting go, old habits die hard) and it was funny how much stronger i was in the isolation but i was really weak in the complexes (with correct form)

anyways, im gaining weight and im seeing gains

but i would never recommend lifting 5 days a week, thats just nuts

I've only been on this forum a short time, but I'm not sure why there is so much hostility towards bodybuilding exercises.

What part about a "Strength and Power" forum do you not get? The strength, or the power?

This is not a bodybuilding forum. You don't go to a Steakhouse and only order a salad, do you?

What part about a "Strength and Power" forum do you not get? The strength, or the power?

This is not a bodybuilding forum. You don't go to a Steakhouse and only order a salad, do you?

First, check the date on that post you quoted, then read the rest of the thread. Finally, hop aboard the fail bot:

Failboat.jpg

I don't agree that bodybuilding transformed sports. For the most part, Russian and European powerlifting and Oly weightlifting coaches have set the standards for which athletes are trained. They invented periodization, wave loading, and studied the effects of strength training on athletic performance.

Bodybuilding is not innovative. The pro bodybuilders of today are bigger than the ones of yesteryear because they take more and better drugs. They are not using more advanced training methods than were used by the likes of Schwarzenegger. Draper, Columbo, etc.

TTT

Dr. Mauro DiPaqsuale is/was a strength-conditioning coach. His strength strategy advocated 6-day weight training, and changing the reps throughout the week. Ironically, it worked for pure "strength."
Days 1, 3, and 5 = Chest / Back /Biceps /Calves
Do five compound/oly exercises for each body part
Day 1=10-12 reps, Day 3=8-10 reps, Day 5 = 5-7 reps

Days 2, 4, and 6 = Shoulders / Tris / Thighs
Same varying reps throughout the week

After two weeks, go to reps that descend from 12-15, then 10-12 and finally 8-10

This training philosophy of DiPasquale's originated from the strength training of the Eastern Europeans. Where they "train" throughout the day, at times working the same bodypart consecutively. The empahasis was that the muscle "learns" to repair itself more quickly and efficiently.

I think Dr. DiPasquales book was titled "Optimum Strength" or something like that.
Just my .02

Weightlifting was never done besides the occasional strong man circus sideshow 100 years ago.

It's been in the Olympics for awhile.

The lack of funny pics in this thread is appalling. Only thethirddiaz stepped up.

9634-jesus-thread-sucks.gif

three years later ,my reaction.

so bodybuilders are just training for looks and you are all training for strength.
you are the tough guys and bodybuilders are the wimps?

I've never seen such frustration,and hidden jealousy.
now what all good does that strenght of you do?(and bodbuilders have no strength at all?)

can you buck razor sharp knives?or bulets.one stab and you're dead.
truth is 'dead'simple.

and talking about gay.
guys who are rolling on a mat face close to eachother cocks and balls

if that ain't gay .pffff

keep rolling into your own fantasies.
I just don't share them.

I pick my wisdom here and there and leave hate for the idiots.

to me you are a bunch of frustrated people full of agression and anger towward other people.
but that's why you are doing this 'sport'in the first place.

any normal sane person frowns on these kind of sports.

hasselhoff.jpg

wheel-stfu.jpg

The SnP is constantly polluted with these type of threads, I mean how retarded must you be to even talk about bodybuilding here. It clearly says Strength and Power and this is an MMA forum. I think mods should delete these threads on sight.

The SnP is constantly polluted with these type of threads, I mean how retarded must you be to even talk about bodybuilding here. It clearly says Strength and Power and this is an MMA forum. I think mods should delete these threads on sight.

I agree but you know what?...I think its necessary to keep threads like this sometimes because there are retarded people out there. I was talking to someone about S&P routines and functional routines and they asked..."Ok yeah, but do you build muscle doing it?" Like someone questioned Ross's routines...if they build muscle. :rolleyes:

I just lol'd. So at least people that lurk here and/or are into BB type workouts can at least be informed about it IMO. It is retarded though I know.

I stand by the first sentence and stand corrected on the second. Somehow I missed your effort on page 3. This still deserved far more visual pwnage.

Ala:

Shut-the-fuck-up-dog-412.jpg

Well spoken Sir!
I like it more subtle:
loser.jpg

Back