Muscle Milk before bed = no sleep

Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys ever since i've been taking MM before bed i havent been sleeping at the right times. It's 4am and i tried sleeping at 1am so things are messed up. What should i do? Just not drink it at all? have it earlier? Could there be another reason why i'm having sleeping problems?

HELP!

I take 2 scoops before bed every night and haven't had any problems with it.

Have you narrowed down the problem definitively to MM?

Could be MCT's, but could be many things, as simply not being able to sleep with a full stomach etc.

what flavor? The mocha latte does have some caffeine in it

are you working out late?

i'm forced to lift after 6-7pm these days and i'm pretty sure my inability to fall asleep can be blamed on that

MuscleMilk makes it kinda difficult for me to sleep too. It is loaded with calories and has things you don't need before bed (MCTs) I can't say for certain that is the culprit, but to me it seems the best candidate.

You may as well try EvoPro or make a bedtime formula on trueprotein.com. I don't notice as much of a problem with EvoPro.

I also generally take sleep aides (ZMA, valerian root, sometimes melatonin and doxylamine succinate). Which is probably why I don't always have problems sleeping.

why does everyone take mm b4 bed? I eat cottage cheese with granola or a couple glasses of 2% milk.

because cottage cheese makes me gag. i can't stand it. lol.

lol, I mentioned this on another thread: Try mixing it 1:1 with yogurt. I like the vanilla personally. I've hated cottage cheese for years, but it's good for before bed, so I figured I should eat it.

lol, I mentioned this on another thread: Try mixing it 1:1 with yogurt. I like the vanilla personally. I've hated cottage cheese for years, but it's good for before bed, so I figured I should eat it.

Yep, I get the dry curd kind (all protein, little sodium/fat) and mix it with sugar free yogurt.

Eggs are agood source of protein before bed...slow release. Save the MM for after workout.

The first 3/4 nights I tried to take MM and sleep it was horrible, was just too full to sleep (it makes me feel really full, when if i feel full from food or a normal shake etc everything is fine.) So I think it's jus the extra cals - have no problems now...

because cottage cheese makes me gag. i can't stand it. lol.

Try mixing some splenda, even some vanilla whey in your cottage cheese. I can easily eat cottage cheese plain, but adding splenda or vanilla whey makes it taste like a healthy desert. I also add either peanut butter, cashew butter, or almond butter.

Back