Muscle Imbalance

Mucky

White Belt
Reaction score
I snapped my tibia about a year and a half ago and only recently started kickboxing again and while skipping for my warm ups i noticed i catch my left foot on the rope every so often which i never used to do. So i video'd myself skipping and noticed my left shoulder is a good inch higher than my right shoulder and my hips are twisted so that my left hip is infront of my right hip. Ive tried thinking about it while skipping and tried adjusting it myself but after about 10 seconds it goes back to being wonky. What else can i do? do i go to a physio to help me out?

As far as the shoulder imbalance goes, you could try doing DB presses so that each shoulder works independently and will be doing the same amount of work.

Its likely that weakness in the broken leg has created an overall posture problem that is affecting you head to toe. You should see a physical therapist instead of following any cookie cutter routine you find online. You'll have to stretch some muscles and strengthen others on a daily basis until it's ironed out.

Back