Muscle density?

omgitsrick

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a question which I've seen many times but never really asked. How is it some people are so muscular but are very light. I have two friends who are both about 6'1-6'2, and both weigh about 170ish, but on is WAY more muscular than the other, and the one who's not as muscular isn't fat at all. I see this alot especially in lower weight classes of MMA, whats up? Isnt muscle supposed to weigh more than fat.

And some people look really skinny, but weigh alot more than they look? Are their bones denser or something? Whats up?

I thought that at first too, but my super sexy muscular physique disproves it. I myself am a herpes man.

Well played sir, well played

Maybe one guy has a bigger head, maybe the "muscular" guy has chop sticks for legs and the other guy has a naturally thick lower body. Could be a variety of things.

First, muscle does not weigh more than fat, a lbs of each is still a lbs. Muscle is more dense. As for the differences, it could be a number of things like: bone density, organ weight, differences in limbs that will all attribute to one guy looking more dense than another.

I look 155 but I have a 20lbs cock, so I'm 175.

But seriously bone density does make a big difference, also roids helped Sherk make weight or something like that.

Maybe their muscle is distributed differently? Muscle definition and/or mass in the legs isn't as readily visible as in the upper body, so unless you guys have random flexing sessions together and you see ALL their muscles/how they're built, it might just be a difference in body composition.

Also, there's a certain amount of water weight that people carry around - that could be a contributing factor.

But doing a very quick Google search, it appears people can have larger and heavier skeletal frames and denser bones which is why we are not all one and why Genki Sudo is retired.

In conclusion, I have no idea whether the density of muscles can affect weight in that manner.

Is all muscle the same in density, just people have it distributed differently?

when I was 95 lbs, I kept telling people I was 105, and they believed it. Noobs.

Bone density could be another thing. Reminds me of how Shogun out weighed Coleman in there fight.

bone density, also one of them might be more top heavy and therefore 'looks' bigger but the other one might have big thighs and glutes but a smaller upper body.

also one of them might actually train the back of his body so the muscle is more evenly 'spread out' so to speak and you dont notice it as much.

guys who only train their chest and arms, they look heavier than they are. because they dont have any back muscle or legs.

AFAIK muscle has a slightly higher density than fat - it is nowhere near the difference most people think.

Bone structure makes a huge difference. Take a look at the both guys' hands, wrists, ankles and knees. I bet the guy with less muscle mass has a visibly heavier frame.

One of them has a slightly higher percentage of iron in his body, which when magnetized creates a gravitational field that makes up the difference in their weight.

Demagnetize him and he will drop 10 lbs instantly.

I look 155 but I have a 20lbs cock, so I'm 175.

But seriously bone density does make a big difference, also roids helped Sherk make weight or something like that.

its a curse isn't it

Bone structure makes a huge difference. Take a look at the both guys' hands, wrists, ankles and knees. I bet the guy with less muscle mass has a visibly heavier frame.

bone structure is not going to make a huge difference. thats a common myth probably created by overweight people "i'm not fat, my bones are heavy!". the mass % of the bones in the human body is about 10-15%. even if somebody had really massive bones, his bones would probably be like 20% heavier than the average bone structure.

bone structure is not going to make a huge difference. thats a common myth probably created by overweight people "i'm not fat, my bones are heavy!". the mass % of the bones in the human body is about 10-15%. even if somebody had really massive bones, his bones would probably be like 20% heavier than the average bone structure.

Its surpising how tall people can weigh though

I've seen some slightly built lads at 15st....although they are like 6 ft 3

compare-big-bone-front-l.jpg

Back