Opinion Murica would be safer if they start introducing psychological tests before you can buy a gun

I think it’s kind of weird how people always want to compare cars to guns and how much more lethal they are. But one big difference you’re not Acknowledging is that guns are designed to kill. Cars are designed for a multitude of uses.

And one thing people who say I don't acknowledge that don't acknowledge is that killing is a legitimate purpose. They also don't acknowledge the sporting aspects (eg. shooting is in the Olympics) or that self-defense most often occurs without a life being taken.

Finding a difference hardly renders the comparison moot. We're talking about mechanical tools that when misused have lethal consequences. And oddly enough, the one not designed to kill does more damage annually.

Sure, a bus driver should be trained and licensed to operate a bus. You, sacrificing your privilege to drive, for the sake of public safety, don't require training or a license to ride said bus.

What exactly don't you understand about that?

{<huh}

The country couldn’t operate in a day to day basis without vehicles. There are hundreds of jobs you need a car for and mass transit won’t cut it.

The country would crumble if you took cars away but if guns were gone tomorrow the world would still operate

I think the US just has to live with those tragedies because nothing is going to change.
If you have several instances of school children being shot and there is still no change I don't see what else could make people change their opinion.

I mean its a fine argument if you say the 2nd is my right I don't want that infringe upon.
That's an understandable argument. Also, I don't agree with it but whatever counterargument you might have will not work against it.
And that's fine. I am just not a fan of people pretending like you could change the situation via armed guns or better psych outreach.
Because that's BS. If you want to have easy access to guns like in the US you just simply have to live with those tragedies.

This ^

Kudos to you for cutting to the chase and skipping the whole " deeerrr simmer down redneck , nobody wants your gunz.....only common sense restrictions"

"Freedom isn't free "comes to mind here.

The country couldn’t operate in a day to day basis without vehicles. There are hundreds of jobs you need a car for and mass transit won’t cut it.

The country would crumble if you took cars away but if guns were gone tomorrow the world would still operate
Just move closer to work and stop endangering lives by commuting in a private vehicle.

If it only saves one life....

Doubt it'll affect the murder rate in most cities. Unfortunately the straw sellers will pass the test.... and the gang bangers that buy them won't be on the hook because the government can't track them.

You could try, but one's a Constitutionally enumerated right and the other is regarded as a privilege. So let's get cracking on those interlocks. Low-hanging fruit, right? The goal is saving lives? Not just rationalizing the disarming of the citizenry?

Questioning motives and exposing hypocrisy should wait until page 2 or 3?

It’s just the dumbest argument of all time.

A car is designed to take people from place to place. That is the main function of a vehicle. When vehicles get dangerous studies are conducted and safety measures are added.

Guns sole purpose is to kill things. Whether it be an animal, a human in self defense but the main pourpose is to kill things. Even sport shooting is fine but still made to destroy. When guns are used to kill people no safety measures taken, no studies done. Can’t even talk about it. It’s weird

For sure cars are way more dangerous. Over a hundred people die a day, every day just in the U.S. alone. Think about that, 700 per week.

As far as psychological evaluations for guns. I picture it going down like this. Leon wants another gun, unfortunately for the interviewer, Leon brought his old gun to the interview.

So you are saying that we can get rid of the 2ndA because everyone owns cars?

Maybe next time you go hunting, you should leave the rifle at home, and just take your F150 instead. See how well you do.

Buy a bazooka. Class III, I assume? I don't know.

A well-regulated militia is an armed populace. That's what that meant, just FYI. So as to make it totally clear that they thought the people should be well-armed. As well-armed as their government, whenever possible.
Oh, so when they said what you mean, they meant what they said, but when they said something else, they meant something else.

“Not infringed” = Not infringed
“Well regulated” = Not regulated

Got it.

Check behind your fridge, you'll be surprised at what finds its way back there. If its not there I'm sure you'll find it when looking for something else like your remote.
Checked. All I found was a couple of bills and like 49 bottle caps.

Last edited:

Maybe next time you go hunting, you should leave the rifle at home, and just take your F150 instead. See how well you do.

Why not, people fish with dynamite. <45>

It’s just the dumbest argument of all time.

A car is designed to take people from place to place. That is the main function of a vehicle. When vehicles get dangerous studies are conducted and safety measures are added.

Guns sole purpose is to kill things. Whether it be an animal, a human in self defense but the main pourpose is to kill things. Even sport shooting is fine but still made to destroy. When guns are used to kill people no safety measures taken, no studies done. Can’t even talk about it. It’s weird

No it's not. The ability to kill/stop is it's main purpose not it's only one.

In most all cases of self-defense the threat this brings works without firing a shot.

However a great many people need to be shot form the actions they are performing .

Just move closer to work and stop endangering lives by commuting in a private vehicle.

If it only saves one life....

Would be hard to do a traveling sales job or the thousands of manual labor jobs without vehicles.

Why not, people fish with dynamite. <45>

I think you're on to something here.

Maybe we should contact the US military and tell them to stop wasting time on all the weapons training because they can just drive their hummers onto the battlefield instead.

Oh, so when they said what you mean, they meant what they said, but when they said something else, they meant something else.

“Not infringed” = Not infringed
“Well regulated” = Not regulated

Got it.

Well regulated in this case means well trained not laws regulating guns.

http://17-76.com/truesecond.html

Now that's were states and local governments are failing. There should be regular free firearms trading for all that want guns and training.

Would be hard to do a traveling sales job or the thousands of manual labor jobs without vehicles.
Simple, don't do those jobs.

Besides, why would you need a private vehicle to turn a wrench or carry someone else's shit or (insert manual labour job here)?

As to the op, sure as long as we do this for all other rights.

What if I told you that Kanye West scored higher on his IQ test than Richard Feynman?

gykdycda8jw11.png

I think you're on to something here.

Maybe we should contact the US military and tell them to stop wasting time on all the weapons training because they can just drive their hummers onto the battlefield instead.

Not a direct comparrison. Crazy gonna crazy.

'The fact that the bicyclist was driving northbound on Mills in a bicycle lane, and the vehicle was travelling southbound, with skids we found at the scene shows a direct line right into the bicyclist,' Lt Eric Huizar told ABC 7.

"Its clear to us she intended to hit her"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...uns-female-cyclist-tries-hit-four-others.html

Oh stop pretending the pro 2nd amendment loonies legitimately care about the Constitution.. They like to pew pew pew pew with their toys and don't want to give them up.

It's ridiculous that anyone is still buying that "my right to defend myself" excuse. Do you really need to stockpile ARs to defend yourself?

But, since nothing will change, enjoy your next mass shooting and dont forget to send your thoughts and prayers to the victims

You’re accidentally making a pro gun argument.

Killing is the problem. You can rent a UHAUL and find a crowd and kill as many people as you’d like. You can fill a pressure cooker with powder from a few fireworks and some nails and kill lots of people. You can chain the doors to a church while people are inside and start a fire.....

Back