Opinion Murica would be safer if they start introducing psychological tests before you can buy a gun

The car argument against guns is the most baseline brain dead thinking on earth.
Funny, despite how "dumb" it is, it gets brought up just as often by the other side. I'm sure you've heard that, "We license drivers and register cars, therefore we should license gun owners and have them register their firearms too." horseshit before.

Funny, despite how "dumb" it is, it gets brought up just as often by the other side. I'm sure you've heard that, "We license drivers and register cars, therefore we should license gun owners and have them register their firearms too." horseshit before.

That’s at least more common sense approach than denying the importance of a car versus guns

That’s at least more common sense approach than denying the importance of a car versus guns
Actually, it isn't.

One is an enumerated right, the other is a privilege and at best a convenience. Take the bus and save the planet.

Is this the part where you make believe gun nuts are tough on keeping Guns outta the wrong hands

It's the part where we make believe that the Dems are conducting honest debate without being complete hippocrits on the issue of public safety. Fast and Furious. Leeland Yee.

America would be safer if every motor vehicle had an interlock device. Wonder which would save more lives.

For sure cars are way more dangerous. Over a hundred people die a day, every day just in the U.S. alone. Think about that, 700 per week.

As far as psychological evaluations for guns. I picture it going down like this. Leon wants another gun, unfortunately for the interviewer, Leon brought his old gun to the interview.

Actually, it isn't.

One is an enumerated right, the other is a privilege and at best a convenience. Take the bus and save the planet.

Yeah those buses you need to be licensed to drive

Keep up the great argument

For sure cars are way more dangerous. Over a hundred people die a day, every day just in the U.S. alone. Think about that, 700 per week.

As far as psychological evaluations for guns. I picture it going down like this. Leon wants another gun, unfortunately for the interviewer, Leon brought his old gun to the interview.

That disregards intent altogether. Following that logic you can also say that heart disease kills way more people than guns so gun-related homicides are not that big a deal by comparison.

I think the US just has to live with those tragedies because nothing is going to change.
If you have several instances of school children being shot and there is still no change I don't see what else could make people change their opinion.

I mean its a fine argument if you say the 2nd is my right I don't want that infringe upon.
That's an understandable argument. Also, I don't agree with it but whatever counterargument you might have will not work against it.
And that's fine. I am just not a fan of people pretending like you could change the situation via armed guns or better psych outreach.
Because that's BS. If you want to have easy access to guns like in the US you just simply have to live with those tragedies.

That disregards intent altogether. Following that logic you can also say that heart disease kills way more people than guns so gun-related homicides are not that big a deal by comparison.
What if the intent of a gun owner is lawful use like self-defense, target shooting or hunting?

An iq test would be a good start. Stupid people shouldn’t be allowed to have guns.

America would be safer if every motor vehicle had an interlock device. Wonder which would save more lives.
I think it’s kind of weird how people always want to compare cars to guns and how much more lethal they are. But one big difference you’re not Acknowledging is that guns are designed to kill. Cars are designed for a multitude of uses.

It's absolutely insane that this suggestion is evidently controversial..

'Crazy people shouldn't be allowed to have guns'

'What about cars though. Check mate libruls'

Who said anything about you driving? Leave it to the trained professionals.

<seedat>

But they still need to be trained and licensed right?

By your logic you’re advocating training before you get to own a gun. Keepntalking in circles tho

Can't fix what problem?

C4PGQUsW8AACh1X.jpg
No problem. These mass shootings are just a collective figment of our imaginations.

I think it’s kind of weird how people always want to compare cars to guns and how much more lethal they are. But one big difference you’re not Acknowledging is that guns are designed to kill. Cars are designed for a multitude of uses.
I think it's weird when people expect otherwise lawful gun owners to accept part of the blame for unfortunate events, such as this one, and expect them to give up their personal freedoms for, "the greater good" or some horseshit like that.

If you tell an average American about scrapping the 2nd amendment they will go apeshit. So we dont want to do that.

What instead should be done, is psychological tests measuring mental capabilities each individual owning a gun. Not just initially but every so often, 5 or 10 years. You dont get a sane person to come out and shoot everyone 'just because'.

Surely, this method wont prevent occurrences like that but it definitely greatly reduce it.
Lots and lots and lots of capacity for abuse with implementing such a system. Mental healthy can and will be used to deny people their Civil and Constitutional rights.

Whenever a mass shooting happens, everyone wants to have a fix / a solution, but people are less concerned about how any solution infringes on the rights of everyone. If society thinks that enacting stricter and more restrictive laws is a panacea, then we are heading towards emulating Europe and Singapore. Part of being a relatively free society is that incidents such as these will happen precisely because people do have the utility to act out violently. We are not in epidemic levels ; I much rather have a relatively free society than a restrictive society even if the later means fewer mass shootings, and I know the sound of this sentiment has very bad optics to it, but to me it's a bit like saying we should defend the right of fascists and Islamosupremacists preaching their crap, because that is the price we pay for having freedom of speech/expression.

It's not a problem, and blocking people from getting access to guns doesn't reduce the gun homicides that do happen.

Homicide_rate_vs_gun_purchase_applications_t670.png

Gun murders haven't gone up, they've been trending downward for years. What has gone up is the media coverage of the gun murders that do happen, as the unprecedented number of news outlets in the social media age must desperately compete to get you to click their articles, and thus latch on en masse to anything violent or dramatic to do so.
So you are denying the fact that there are more mass shootings happening? It’s all just the media turning it into a frenzy. These mass shootings don’t exist the media is just making them up? All these children being shot all these innocent lives being lost don’t really matter? What the hell is your fucking point? I’ve never heard somebody in such denial

But they still need to be trained and licensed right?

By your logic you’re advocating training before you get to own a gun. Keepntalking in circles tho
Sure, a bus driver should be trained and licensed to operate a bus. You, sacrificing your privilege to drive, for the sake of public safety, don't require training or a license to ride said bus.

What exactly don't you understand about that?

{<huh}

Back