Economy Murica Now Number Two in Wealthy People

You're looking it from the wrong side, the communist government wouldn't want all that powerful chinese people running around, if 10% of the chinese is within the richest 10% they're bound to be more economically independent and have perks in chinese society, they would most certainly rebel against the chinese tyranny sooner or later.
Plenty of Chinese do have a reasonable economic position especially relative to 20-30 years ago, this isn't a country mid-Maoist revolution anymore.

Further, if you are correct that China doesn't like the idea of having a 100 million people at an upper middle class standard of living, I'm not sure why they would make it up as propaganda as you suggested.

Not sure where you are going with the 996 reference either. It's long hours practiced by tech companies, something that Americans with salaries that put them in the global wealthy do plenty. Remember: the 'global rich' being referenced here is just a net worth of $109k. Not billions. I have no doubt many Chinese in that category are there because they worked long hours at tech companies.

Last edited:
Thats because it's more of an oligarchy than communist China is.

Plenty of Chinese do have a reasonable economic position especially relative to 20-30 years ago, this isn't a country mid-Maoist revolution anymore.

Further, if you are correct that China doesn't like the idea of having a 100 million people at an upper middle class standard of living, I'm not sure why they would make it up as propaganda as you suggested.

Not sure where you are going with the 996 reference either. It's long hours practiced by tech companies, something that Americans with salaries that put them in the global wealthy do plenty. Remember: the 'global rich' being referenced here is just a net worth of $109k. Not billions. I have no doubt many Chinese in that category are there because they worked long hours at tech companies.
I don't see how did you get this idea that I thought that lol China that sort of nation, but believing that its wealth is being fairly distributed between their demigod league government and engineering peasants is the question I'm wondering.

Don't take me wrong, that's possible, I just think it's very unlikely to be true... If each person @ home had US$ 109k/year it seems very unlikely those guys never cared to leave the country and tour the world.

If 10% of China is able to at very least visit Europe every couple of years (anyone from top 30% should be able) that'd be enough for them to become critics over the slavery perpetrated by their government onto them, therefore China doesn't want anyone tasting liberty...
Had 996-kind workers ever reach the top 10% to take 1 week vacation to, say, Spain or Germany, they'd be back shocked how easy is living life outside China. (And not be immediately reprehended by an officer)

Were it the case of stating China has enough wealth/GDP to surpass US in number of millionaires, billionaires or 10%rs I'd totally believe it, just can't fathom all that money reaching 100,000 non-govt workers.

How the fuck are there 99 million 'rich' americans? That's some kind of voodoo statistical bullshit, because there's no way 1/3 of us are 'rich.'

I don't see how did you get this idea that I thought that lol China that sort of nation, but believing that its wealth is being fairly distributed between their demigod league government and engineering peasants is the question I'm wondering.

Don't take me wrong, that's possible, I just think it's very unlikely to be true... If each person @ home had US$ 109k/year it seems very unlikely those guys never cared to leave the country and tour the world.

If 10% of China is able to at very least visit Europe every couple of years (anyone from top 30% should be able) that'd be enough for them to become critics over the slavery perpetrated by their government onto them, therefore China doesn't want anyone tasting liberty...
Had 996-kind workers ever reach the top 10% to take 1 week vacation to, say, Spain or Germany, they'd be back shocked how easy is living life outside China. (And not be immediately reprehended by an officer)

Were it the case of stating China has enough wealth/GDP to surpass US in number of millionaires, billionaires or 10%rs I'd totally believe it, just can't fathom all that money reaching 100,000 non-govt workers.
Going back to my first post, this is why I mentioned visiting an international tourism destination as evidence- since 2000, international travel has increased 1326% percent to 150 million trips per year.

Also Chinese save 40% of their wages on average and have really high rates of home ownership so it's not surprising the upper middle class can accrue 109k.

This is what happens when you shrink the middle class in America and let the Red Communists win.

Thanks trickle down economics.
Fucking Commies!

At least you get free Health Care in China.

China overtook the US in terms of total number of rich citizens but the US still leads China in wealth inequality with a 41.5% GC to China's 38.6%

So American plutocrats and their toadies can still hold their heads high.
statistics from China are institutionally inaccurate because CCP officials are promoted on “merit” so they often fabricate numbers to make things look better and there’s no real penalty to this that I am aware of.

I would assume the Gini Coefficient would use the best numbers but anyone saying they know China’s numbers for certain is lying because even the CCP doesn’t know the real numbers

Thanks. That's weird because when you follow the link on that site, it leads here https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2172rank.html, where China's GC is listed as 46.5, which is very close to the number I gave and substantially higher than the number the site gives.

Not sure on where the discrepancy comes from, but most sources list China as having a significantly higher GC than the US (but lower than Hong Kong!).

In other words: Per Capita the US has 5 times as many wealthy people as China.
I've been told by Americans on this site that pr capita doesn't matter. Certainly not when it makes America look bad.

Back