MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Sequel in the Works)

If you have seen MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Just a couple of million away from $240 million worldwide now.

What's crazy is that it's only $6 million away from making more money domestically than Blade Runner. Who could've predicted that?

What should I see tomorrow

Orient, Disaster Artist, Shape of Water, Jumanji, Greatest Showman, Thor

What should I see tomorrow

Orient, Disaster Artist, Shape of Water, Jumanji, Greatest Showman, Thor

Really depends on what you're in the mood for, but I'd say probably Orient or Thor (you probably don't have too much longer to catch either in the theater). Do you want an old-fashioned detective story or a jokey superhero film?

Like I said before, you really need to watch The Room before you go see The Disaster Artist. I presume you still haven't done that.

I'm not going to say its a bad movie but me personally I absolutely hated this movie

I thought a lot of the movie was way too goofy. Him wearing a mustache cover while sleeping? Stupid

But the main problem for me was the ending I think it might be one of the worst endings of all time

Not only do you get 0 payoff cause Hurr Durr everyone is the killer but as if to put a cherry on this turd the detective lets everyone go at the end cause why not

I was sitting in the theater laughing out loud at how awful the last 20 minutes of this movie was

They are trying to figure out how to hide the murder weapon and they come up with this stupid idea that you have seen a million times before most notably in scream. Hurr Durr I'm just going to get stabbed so it looks like I'm innocent

This is how I knew she was involved...Cause I have seen scream before

I'm not going to say its a bad movie but me personally I absolutely hated this movie

I thought a lot of the movie was way too goofy. Him wearing a mustache cover while sleeping? Stupid

But the main problem for me was the ending I think it might be one of the worst endings of all time

Not only do you get 0 payoff cause Hurr Durr everyone is the killer but as if to put a cherry on this turd the detective lets everyone go at the end cause why not

I was sitting in the theater laughing out loud at how awful the last 20 minutes of this movie was

I'll be interested in knowing if you have a different reaction to the '74 version.

I'll be interested in knowing if you have a different reaction to the '74 version.

If he lets everyone go at the end I wont like it any better

Movie robbed me of my payoff

Now people might like that but like I said I personally hate it

Might want to search your heart on that one.

I get it I do

But its not a detectives job to decide what is justified or not

I find it even more hilarious that the guy was begging for the detective to protect him on the train and the detective said he doesn't help criminals

Just not my cup of tea

I get it I do

But its not a detectives job to decide what is justified or not

I find it even more hilarious that the guy was begging for the detective to protect him on the train and the detective said he doesn't help criminals

Just not my cup of tea

I would say it's about true righteousness vs the letter of the law.

It's interesting, because this is the story that is often credited with adding a new depth to the Poirot character.

It wasn't near good enough for a second one

I thought the actor who played the lead detective should have gotten an Oscar nomination 8/10 movie! I enjoyed.

Just saw this the other night. It was okay. It felt a little slapdash, and didn't really flow together all that well. I can't say I was all that intrigued about the mystery, which relied way too much on exposition to make it work. The unraveling of the mystery didn't feel all that natural, and it never keeps you guessing like I would've hoped. You hit a certain point and just want the flick to get on with it, because all the little revelations that are supposed to keep you invested, just aren't doing the trick.

That said, Kenneth Branagh totally saves an otherwise forgettable flick. He was out-fucking-standing as Poirot, and I believe his performance will go down as one of the more underrated as time goes by. He was just fantastic, and carried the entire movie. Can't say the same for the rest of the cast, who I believe were wasted for the most part. I can't imagine how much money they wasted on all this A-list talent for them to do next to nothing. These small roles could've been played by anyone, and all the star power does nothing for the film.

Also, even though I found the journey fairly boring, the payoff is pretty good and redeemed it a little bit. The reveal isn't mind-blowing, but it's very well handled, and was a good note to end on that makes you appreciate the whole package a little bit more.

6.5/10

Finally watched this on Cinemax. As a big fan of the David Suchet TV shows, this remake with the big name actors really sucked and not something I'd want to rewatch.

The stupid scene making the little boy run around bringing perfect eggs that got rejected should have been a deleted scene.

Back