Munoz was fed to the wolves, not top 10 but top 15

MMALeBronJames

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Munoz's last 3 losses were to previous/current UFC/Strikeforce champs.

Elbow KO'd by Weidman
Headkick KO'd by Machida
RNC by Mousasi

With that being said, it's clear that Munoz isn't a top 10 contender, he is however a top 10 gatekeeper. He can still beat the Tim Boetsch and Chris Lebens of the world, but clearly can't hang with the wolves unless he improves his striking and overall game. Dana shouldn't cut him, he still draws numbers to an extent if you put him on a Fight Night card or on a PPV Prelim.

Asking for top fights isn't being thrown to the wolves, but I agree.

He is a solid fighter but he is just below the top guys.

His last few fights have been killers. I think they need to find someone that matches his level of development in MMA.

He'll probably fight Phillippou or Carmont next. That would determine if he is at the bottom of the top 10 or outside of it. He's a good fighter but has struggled badly against elite fighters.

Loses to the champ, to the number 2 guy and to the, in my opinion, number 3 guy and he's a can.

Munoz totally wrecked Boetsch-Boetsch sucks, Munoz is a can

CB loses a decision that he should have won or that should have been a draw against Boetsch-OMFG CB IS GOD HOLY SHIT THE GUY IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

Munoz does need to reinvent himself. Needs to go Munoz 2.0, man.

Carmont sounds like a likely choice. Matches up well with Munoz for a rebound win and Carmont just lost to Dollaway

Loses to the champ, to the number 2 guy and to the, in my opinion, number 3 guy and he's a can.

Munoz totally wrecked Boetsch-Boetsch sucks, Munoz is a can

CB loses a decision that he should have won or that should have been a draw against Boetsch-OMFG CB IS GOD HOLY SHIT THE GUY IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

What does this have to do with this thread though? TS never said Munoz was a can, never said "he was never any good" or any crap like that

His last few fights have been killers. I think they need to find someone that matches his level of development in MMA.

Munoz isn't a young guy anymore. How fucking long does he need to develop? Quit babying guys who lose, cut them and bring back winners like Shields and Fitch.

Munoz isn't a young guy anymore. How fucking long does he need to develop? Quit babying guys who lose, cut them and bring back winners like Shields and Fitch.

No thanks, win or lose, I have no interest in watching guys like Shields/Fitch literally hold guys down for 15 minutes

good guy but not good fighter needs to not fight top 5 guys ever

Munoz isn't even a top 20 mw. He isn't good at anything but being on the highlight reel for getting wrecked

Munoz isn't even a top 20 mw. He isn't good at anything but being on the highlight reel for getting wrecked
ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Back