Munoz is not as bad as everyone is making out...

That's why he's likely going to be a gatekeeper from here on out.

Is this an official UFC position now? ;-)

I dub thee gatekeeper...don't let the following fighters get past thee or they shall be dubbed "contender".

Agreed. It's weird to see. Sometimes the guy looks like a world beater then he has days like today and it makes you wonder. I mean Mousasi hadn't shown much in terms of TDD before today so you'd assume a D1 champ would have no problem right?

He just lost to Moose and Machida after destroying the Barbarian and has only lost to the current champ who finished Anderson Silva twice and Yushin Okami... not exactly bad people to lose to... sure he got knocked out by Hamill but that was in another weight class

Point is he's only lost to elite fighters (excluding Hamill) so no he doesn't need to be cut or retire, he's still top10 and will be a much needed gatekeeper.. with his last two fights he should be given a drop in competition

I'd like to see Munoz vs Carmont and I can see why the loser of that fight would be cut lol

he wasnt top 10 before this fight he was around number 12. Get dominated didnt move him up into the top 10

I don't like him but he looked good against Boetsch

He's not bad, but it was hilarious that a win over him got Weidman a shot at Anderson Silva.

Solid gatekeeper until he works on his stand up

He's not bad, but it was hilarious that a win over him got Weidman a shot at Anderson Silva.

Well Munoz did have a 4 fight win streak going at the time and had lost a split decision to Okami. He had a pretty good resume walking into the Weidman fight.

hes kod dollaway but cb is a different monster now for some reason i had picked munoz to beat moose but he came more aggressive than i can ever remember him being and murdered munoz

Let's hope he doesn't get obese again.

And Munoz is a legit fighter. Since Mous is a popular "under the radar" fighter that insiders have been saying is a top talent for some time, people are rushing to discredit Munoz to undermine Mousasi's accomplisment.

Happens all the time.

Back