Munhoz the underdog against Aldo

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
I find that kind of surprising considering how impressive Pedro looked against Rivera. Do we think Aldo gets the job done next week?

I think Pedro beat Frankie. And I think he beats Aldo as well. That dude is fun as hell to watch and a tough summbitch.

If it was a 5 rounder, I'd bet the farm on Pedro

If it was a 5 rounder, I'd bet the farm on Pedro
0e18e2634ffd009b45504bfa899da8d6.png

Already bet on munhoz ...scared the line was gunna change so got in early

He's gunna hurt Aldo

I find that kind of surprising considering how impressive Pedro looked against Rivera. Do we think Aldo gets the job done next week?
No, Pedro has trouble with guys that use a lot of movement. Aldo will stand in front of him. Pedro has a granite chin, is a tough son of a gun and has heavy hands. I'm looking forward to this fight, it's a great matchup.

Aldo seems like a very tough stylistic match-up for Munhoz, I think him being the favorite makes perfect sense.

The fight is rightfully even odds. Aldo still has tons of speed.

Seems like a 50-50 fight to me

Skill wise Aldo seems to be ahead and the 3 rounder would allow for him to keep a higher pace than 5 rounder. I think Aldo probably has more tools to win but Pedro could just pressure him and look for the KO while relying on his durability.

I’d make PM a small favorite, -125 to -150. He’s hitting his stride in terms of physical ability, skills, mentality and lack of too much wear and tear.

It’ll be a good fight and JA is still really good and can definitely win if he fights his best. I think PM will be dialed in and ready to make a statement though.

What odds of an underdog? Could be worth $5 bucks. I like both guys, Jose is legend but I still see it being competitive either way before a finish.
<{JustBleed}>

Aldo's skills are still top tier, it's his cardio that hurts him. He is a dangerous 3 rd fight for any one in the division.

This is why I may favor him - he is very strong early and still highly dangerous. In 5 I'd take Munoz - not so sure in 3 and prolly backing Aldo.

I'm an Aldo fan for life, but I see Pedro winning. I think it's a telling sign that he had to resort to wrestling to beat Chito. That's a long ways away from the guy that used to leg kick and knee dude into oblivion.

Pedro's pressure & pace could break Aldo by round 3. I know Yan didn't break him until the 4th but he fought at Aldo's pace. Munhoz will fight more like Max.

It will probably come down to the 2nd round & be a split decision, or Munhoz gets a late finish. If Aldo has a terrible weightcut maybe he gets clipped early, but so far his chin has been fine at 135.

Interestingly enough, these 2 are separated by just 2 days in age.

Back