DAZN Munguia vs O’Sullivan Jan.11th

I just want somebody, ANYBODY to get Munguia outta there. This has almost become like BJS level with wanting to see him face a live body and get that strap off him. People complain about Canelo scores, threads and threads about Canelo scores, what about hostage titles not being even slightly defended against real competition?

Fight week

About time. This weekend was rough without any boxing on. It is like a built in excuse to avoid boring social gatherings. I mean, I don't mind DVRing boxing and doing something fun instead, but the wife made plans for yesterday to go to her vegan friend's place to play board games. And they don't even play fun board games, they play the same old shit like Taboo and whatnot.

I just want somebody, ANYBODY to get Munguia outta there. This has almost become like BJS level with wanting to see him face a live body and get that strap off him. People complain about Canelo scores, threads and threads about Canelo scores, what about hostage titles not being even slightly defended against real competition?

I feel you. Mungia is just the latest example of a guy getting a belt before he's ready, and then being allowed to not defend it against top comp in hopes that they can eventually become the real deal. It worked with Canelo, but i think Mungia is gonna get exposed BIG TIME against any top MW. He's not nearly as gifted as Ginger, either physically or between the ears.

Munguia doesn't seem like he's going to be the fighter people that he was post Sadam Ali. They started moving him a lot slower all of a sudden. They were calling out Canelo at one point.

I think it will be a good fight tbh. Jaime is over rated, and Spike is being dismissed too quickly. I think it will be competitive, and I’d give Spike around a 15% chance of pulling a huge upset.

I’m curious, where does Munguia go after beating Sullivan? Does he get Canelo in May, or GGG, or does he just keep fighting these no hopers until everyone just kind of forgets who he is?

I’m curious, where does Munguia go after beating Sullivan? Does he get Canelo in May, or GGG, or does he just keep fighting these no hopers until everyone just kind of forgets who he is?
I don't think he's in the running for Canelo on cinco de mayo...at least that I've heard.

There's a lot of good middles but the top guys might be leaving...Canelo might not be back and i am under the impression that Andrade is thinking about it too. I don't anticipate ggg to fight another good opponent because he's washed so that seems out

mungia has so much room for improvement, im curious to see if the addition of erik morales will help him. at all I mean hes still young so only time will tell.

People aren't watching this instead of Hart Smith Jr surely?

I just realized this is at 160. I'd like to see him fight Jermall next. That would be huge in Texas but not too likely.

Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 7PM ET
Jaime Munguia vs Spike O'Sullivan
DAZN Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas

Franchon "The Heavy-Hitting Diva" Crews-Dezurn (6-1, 2 KOs) will look to settle unfinished business as she defends her WBC and WBO Super Middleweight World Titles against WBC Heavyweight World Champion Alejandra "La Tigre" Jimenez (12-0-1, 9 KOs) in the 10-round co-main event.

Jaime Munguia (34-0, 27 KOs) vs Spike O'Sullivan (30-3, 21 KOs)

Middleweight Fight

Back