Mundine-Soliman Wednesday...

Thanks for posting the result. Anybody actually see the fight?

Mundine looked like shit. Disinterested, uncaring, unfocused. Still won by about four points.

I see. Already looking ahead to other things, since he gave up his belt after the fight.

He'd rather give up the belt than face Kessler, probably giving you some insight into his personality.

Yeah dissapointing fight - no fire from Mundine whatsoever. Personally i'm glad he gave up his belt since i'm sick of seeing him fight fellow Australian's instead of world class competition, and this is from an Aussie.

Well if he would have kept the belt he would have had to face world class competition (Kessler). So he gave it up.

Yeah, perish the thought you defend it against a legit challenger.

Ugh. Yes he gave up his belt, but he did so because he had this fight signed months and months ago. There wasa rematch clause in the contract of fight II and Soliman invoked it. Mundine made a bunch more money last night than he would have made for a rematch with Kessler.

aaaaand

Mundine isn't a 168 pounder anymore, which is also kind of significant.

That's true Tam Tam. I hope however that Mundine does not fight an Australian or on overmatched oppenent in his next fight. It's starting to get old.

OK. I didn't know he was headed for 160. Who do you think he might fight there?

Pretty weak showing by Mundine, I was really hoping Sam could get him this time around

Ugh. Yes he gave up his belt, but he did so because he had this fight signed months and months ago. There wasa rematch clause in the contract of fight II and Soliman invoked it. Mundine made a bunch more money last night than he would have made for a rematch with Kessler.

aaaaand

Mundine isn't a 168 pounder anymore, which is also kind of significant.

They allowed him to have a mandatory defense against Soliman. He would have then had to fight Kessler. He could have fought Soliman and Kessler and still kept the belt.

They didn't allow him to have a mandatory defense at all. The WBA made their statement clear. That Kessler v Scrub is ALREADY SIGNED AND SANCTIONED for the WBA belt is all the proof you need.

I thought I had read an article where they would allow him too. But since he stated in advance his willingness to relenquish the belt the WBA started planning in advance. I could be wrong though. Its just a belt.

He was informed he was being stripped before he ever mentioned what he was doing after this fight. He's going to 160 anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Back