Mundials 2014 Lookout Thread

Couple of Zingano BJJ guys in blue belt adult feather. Both are absolutely tough as nails. One in particular is probably the best blue belt I've ever rolled with. Awesome wrestling, gas tank and flexibility. His hips are ridiculous, especially if you're not expecting it.

Solid and reasonable picks.

Analyzing the brackets for blue belt. It looks like Malachi Edmond has a pretty good draw up until semi-finals where he most likely will face Wolga or Dutra. If he gets by that match, he probably faces Monsevais in the finals.

At featherweight, Shane Hill Taylor did not fare as well in the draw. He has tough matches. 3rd match probably against Salvino de Souza or Ribiero. 4th match vs Chun Fat. Neto should be match 5 and Oliviera Crixel match 6. With a little bias here, Hill-Taylor should face Wolga or Nogawa in the finals.

I am going with Silva or Guerrero-Barden to take lightweight blue belt.

I don't know who Shane Hill Taylor is, but if he wins his first match, he will be going against one of the blue belts I mentioned above.

Unreasonably excited for Black Medium and Medium Heavy. Can't wait to see Joao vs Bruno Malfacine at Rooster too.

I heard in jiu jitsu mag that Edwin is cutting 18 pounds to make featherweight, which is insane. These purple belts train like pro athletes.

I'm curious to see how the Miyaos do at worlds, since their brackets will be more stacked than Pans. Joao is cutting to rooster which is also crazy.

I don't know who Shane Hill Taylor is, but if he wins his first match, he will be going against one of the blue belts I mentioned above.

Shane Hill Taylor is the Pan am gold medalist and was just awesome on that day. Today, he submitted the first 4 opponents in just a few minutes. Much like I predicted, his tough road caught up with him and he lost his 5th match to Alliance.

My light feather prediction was right on time. Atos Teammates Dutra and Monsevais fought it out for Gold and Silver. 0-0 score, no advantages. Refs decision to Pablo Dutra.

My feather prediction was not bad either. Teammates Oliviera Crixel and Nogawa fought it out in the finals. My kid took the gold. #7Matches4Gold

my lightweight picks went to crap when Benji got ripped off. I need to see video but I am pretty sure I am correct.

PS
ATOS absolutely owned blue belt light feather and feather. Taking 2 golds, 2 silvers, 1 bronze.

80+ and 100+ man brackets respectively.

Last edited:
Shane Hill Taylor is the Pan am gold medalist and was just awesome on that day. Today, he submitted the first 4 opponents in just a few minutes. Much like I predicted, his tough road caught up with him and he lost his 5th match to Alliance.

My light feather prediction was right on time. Atos Teammates Dutra and Monsevais fought it out for Gold and Silver. 0-0 score, no advantages. Refs decision to Pablo Dutra.

My feather prediction was not bad either. Teammates Oliviera Crixel and Nogawa fought it out in the finals. My kid took the gold. #7Matches4Gold

Cool good for him. Just curious how long has your son been a blue belt for?

Congrats! I think we talked about me rolling with your son at AOJ.

Spencer is your son?

I guess this means Monsevais isn't ready for purple belt still. :icon_chee

Congrats to your son on winning big and on the purple belt. Both are huge accomplishments. You should be proud.

my lightweight picks went to crap when Benji got ripped off. I need to see video but I am pretty sure I am correct.

PS
ATOS absolutely owned blue belt light feather and feather. Taking 2 golds, 2 silvers, 1 bronze.

80+ and 100+ man brackets respectively.

How was he ripped off? I came in when they were bullshitting around in 50/50 about half way through the match. I didn't see any ripoff.

How was he ripped off? I came in when they were bullshitting around in 50/50 about half way through the match. I didn't see any ripoff.

2 mysterical points of doom added when going out of bounds with something that didnt even look like a footlock

I remember 2 points for coming up on top, I don't remember anything suspect while watching it

Someone in (I think) this thread mentioned that Edwin Najmi was cutting 18 pounds for this tournament. I don't know if it's true but both his first and second round opponent missed weight which is a pretty lucky break, especially if it was a tough cut.

Back