Mulholland Drive

Matt

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SOME SPOILERS

Anyone see this movie? Watched it yesterday. I liked it. Different, non-linear, dark, mysterious, makes you really try to pay attention and figure out what's going on, plus one of the hottest lesbian scenes ever. Still, I am really lost on a couple things. Like what does the blue box really represent? I may have a couple ideas here...What's up with the strange scary dude behind the Alley? And do you think it was sort of like an alternate reality thing, a transportation thing, or a it was all just a dream thing for the second half of the movie?

If you haven't seen it. See it. It's cool.

HAHAHAHAHAHA welcome to the world of David Lynch.

I know. I actually thought this one was LESS weird than Lost Highway.

Seriously though, there is so much imagery which only means what you think it means. Watch Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway or Fire Walk with me. You'll see dammit you will see!

Yeah Mulholland Drive was pretty fucking cool. Good call on the lesbian scene - and wasn't that fucking dead body creepy....ugh.

Right...but then later on she becomes the dead body - right? When she shoots herself?

BTW - RAZOR, I liked Blue Velvet too. Dennis hopper's line about Heniken is one of my all-time favorites.

Is Oregon the title of a movie or..? I know it's where twin peaks takes place..? If it's a movie I'll put it in my Netflix que!

Blue Velvet is Lynch's best film, hands down.

Blue Velvet is definitely the best.

Oregon is what the Lynch character kept repeating to Agent Cooper as he boarded the plane to Twin Peaks.

fuck, i wanted to explain the oregon thing. it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when i know what stuff like that means. oh well...

Lynch is one of my favorite directors, and i loved this one. but definitely not as OUT THERE as Lost Highway or Eraserhead. but then again, nothing is.

I couldn't stomach Lost Highway. Halfway through the movie I was like, "What the hell is going on here?", so I turned it off. Maybe I need to pick up a copy of it and watch it again.

Back