Muaythaistuff.com: TUFF and Kombat MMA Shorts

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Toan Nguyen, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Toan Nguyen

Toan Nguyen Amateur Fighter

Hey guys, maybe looking at returning to competing as an amateur again, and would like some new shorts to train in, so being the cheap bastard that I am, start researching. Came across this site. Damn, a lot for under $20 USD! Good shipping rates to Australia. Does anyone know if they're good shorts? Or decent enough to last six months??

Muay Thai Boxing Shorts Twins Special, KOMBAT, Raja Boxing, Thaismai, Windy - page 1

2. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I have a bad experience with muaythaistuff.com. Great prices, but they misinformed me about stock, rarely replied about the issues, and left me hanging for over 30 days. PayPal had to resolve the issue, otherwise they would have taken my $160 and sent me no shin guards.

Do NOT recommend. And I'm an easy going guy.

3. SteveoCalg

SteveoCalg White Belt

I have order from Muaythaistuff.com and found it to be alright. I order 3 shorts from them. The prices were not the best on the web but they did send them right away and had no issues with the shipping. I would suggest though hunting around a little before committing to one place though. They like to jack up their "regular price" so that the discount is huge, but really most online have that discount price as the their regular.

4. Toan Nguyen

Ah man, two responses and two opposite experiences. Just ordered three shorts for under $15 USD a few hours ago, should've gone into this thread first. Oh well, better hope they deliver it to Australia at the very minimum in two weeks. Now I'm shitting myself that I may lose my money...

5. jbob8314

jbob8314 White Belt

i like kombat alot have 3 pair

6. SteveoCalg

SteveoCalg White Belt

Toan, don't worry about it. At my gym I know of at least 6 people who have ordered up to 200 bucks (cad) from them and never a problem. Shipping was a little slow of Canada, but Australia is much closer to them!

7. CaseyJ0nes

CaseyJ0nes Guest

I've ordered many times and never had any problems, Takes a bit to get to the states like 10 business days usually but it gets here.

8. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I don't know what the issue for me then, was. I was patient with the guys, gave them plenty of time to respond before having Paypal intervene, but Tuff really would have walked away with my money.

Too bad about that; they have some of the best prices on the interwebs.

9. CaseyJ0nes

CaseyJ0nes Guest

I would just say order things that have a lot of your size in stock to avoid confusion, I just try to avoid any problem since I know if something goes wrong there is probably a language barrier issue in describing the issue or getting something done about it. Small orders as well? lol

10. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

The order listed online was 8. However, when after I payed he sent me an email saying they're all out of stock. I can understand that.

Nonetheless, I sent five emails to his company requesting a refund. He told me twice to wait thirty days (the second time after I wanted thirty days), and never processed my order. If I waited any longer PayPal wouldn't have been able to intervene.

I understand a language barrier (I have a Korean mom with ENGRISH), but that whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth.

11. Toan Nguyen

Hey everyone, well, I have finally recieved my order this morning! Two pairs of Kombat MMA shorts and one TUFF MMA shorts. I made the order on 31st August, and it arrived here in Australia today which is 14th September, so a little over two weeks. But that's ok. Review coming up soon, and I can see why they're under $15 USD.

12. AirCorps

AirCorps White Belt

Costumer service is great.