Muay Thai vs Taekwondo in full contact TKD competition (Awesome KO) - VIDEO

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Interesting to see a MT stylist in a point based TKD style competition where only kicks are allowed.

awesome. i could watch that all day.

top level tkd guys are no joke. tkd gets a lot of hate on these forums which is unfortunate.

back in the day i used to train with a few ustu style olympians under an old school korean master in the midwest.

i couldn

he really do mt?
he didnt judge distance very well n got caught midway,..

my 1st time to see a tkd full contact tourney

No grabbing the leg.

Pfft.

How good was the MT guy? He did the weirdest stance switch at the end, not to mention his stance and movement was funny to begin with.

TKD guy's footwork was pretty cool though, reminds me of hwaorang from tekken.

It looked like the MT guy is going to chase him out of the gym...

They aren't fighting TKD rules in full contact TKD your wear helmets and a shitload of protective guards and there are no leg kicks allowed. If you fight a TKD jsut with kicks you are in deep trouble bash it as much as you want if you fight a TKD fighter under TKD rules or even under this rules and think you win you are jsut as ignorant as a kickboxer going into pro boxing and expecting to wreck through the oppossition

Nasty KO. I'm not familiar with TKD rules, are you allowed to block with your arms?

No grabbing the leg.

Pfft.

How good was the MT guy? He did the weirdest stance switch at the end, not to mention his stance and movement was funny to begin with.

TKD guy's footwork was pretty cool though, reminds me of hwaorang from tekken.

I noticed that. The stance switch looked suspiciously like something a TKD'er would do. Never seen a MT guy do that.

They aren't fighting TKD rules in full contact TKD your wear helmets and a shitload of protective guards and there are no leg kicks allowed. If you fight a TKD jsut with kicks you are in deep trouble bash...

depends.

[YT]ibExPvFD18Y[/YT]

Thanks for vidoes guys, fun to watch. If you got some more feel free to post 'em ^^

They don't seem to the punching at all, it might be kyokushin rules but why not punch to the body if you can?

Because its Changpuek. Guy has tree trunks as legs.

He also fought Andy Hug later in this tournament.

[YT]rRHrCaqovpM[/YT]

Back