Muay Thai sweeps from neutral position and head and arm clinch

PunchOut1994

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was doing some clinch work in our Muay Thai class last night. When doing the sweep I was pressing forward to create pressure so my oppnent presses back and I release pressure and step to the side and use my foot as a barrier so he goes to the ground. is there any other sweeps that are similar I also compete in Mma and would like to learn more more sweeps to take it to the ground

Also what do you do when the oppnent squats down a dis to have to sweep would I need to move him and dirupt his base

A couple of variations of those:
1) use your knee and bump their leg out while turning them. So eg. from ortodox, your right knee bumps to the left, while you turn them to the right
2) same thing as you did in the OP, except this one is as they are throwing a knee at you. In order words, they're on 1 leg when you do it. This one I find the easiest for me to land

Also what do you do when the oppnent squats down a dis to have to sweep would I need to move him and dirupt his base
What do you mean by this? Do you mean he squats slightly and base out to prevent the sweep? If its this, just knee him. Then turn to disrupt the balance, and work from there.

1) use your knee and bump their leg out while turning them. So eg. from ortodox, your right knee bumps to the left, while you turn them to the right
2) same thing as you did in the OP, except this one is as they are throwing a knee at you. In order words, they're on 1 leg when you do it. This one I find the easiest for me to land

What do you mean by this? Do you mean he squats slightly and base out to prevent the sweep? If its this, just knee him. Then turn to disrupt the balance, and work from there.

Yeah base out is the right word thanks my wording is horrible

Does this also work with over and under

Does this also work with over and under
Over and under like a wrestling clinch? 1 over hook + 1 underhook? Or do you mean a single collar tie (MT)?

If the earlier, I'm not sure. Turns usually work well when you have at least one arm controlling the head (think of pulling the ear).

Over and under like a wrestling clinch? 1 over hook + 1 underhook? Or do you mean a single collar tie (MT)?

If the earlier, I'm not sure. Turns usually work well when you have at least one arm controlling the head (think of pulling the ear).

I'll try find something with the over under for wrestling lol

Back