Muay Thai Student Murders American in Phuket

Dude that freaks me out, thank fuck I stayed at Sinbi both times I was there?....

i'll summarize the article for ppl not wanting to click.

2 guys that do muay thai are drunk and get in a fight outside the bar like 3 or 4am. the american guy wins the fight, british guy is pissed off and goes to a 7-11 and buys a fruit knife. american guy go back to his apartment where he's been staying, somehow the british guy finds out where the guy is sleeping and stabs him around 5am. british guy is now on the run.

The pretense to this was misleading.

It's like posting "Gracie Blue Belt Suffocates Wife" as a headline in the grappling forum, then reading that he did it with a pillow

So basically man kills another man. I hate how someone's job or in this case the fact they train a martial art is used as a headline grabber to make people think that every person in the sport loves killing.

That is weak. They both trained MT and scrapped in the bathroom, then the loser of course can't accept his ass beating and has to kill the guy.

Does Thailand have the death penalty?
If so I hope the pussy gets it.

Loosing a fight then coming back and knifing the
dude - what a ****.

Does Thailand have the death penalty?
If so I hope the pussy gets it.

Loosing a fight then coming back and knifing the
dude - what a ****.

I think that they have it and use it for a lot of convictions such as drug smuggling. I wouldn't be surprised if the British guy is trying to lay low for a while and then get back to Britain somehow because we don't extradite to countries with death penalties.

Interesting. There's a massive manhunt for the "expat killer", yet the big picture at the top of the article is of the victim. You have to click on the photo gallery to see a dark, fuzzy picture of the killer's back outside the 7-11.

That's just sad!
RIP.

@Ryukyu Damashi
In the comments to the article users are not so keen of the bar's atmosphere. Maybe time to find a different place.

I think that they have it and use it for a lot of convictions such as drug smuggling. I wouldn't be surprised if the British guy is trying to lay low for a while and then get back to Britain somehow because we don't extradite to countries with death penalties.

You sure? I could have sworn the UK and the US had extradition treaties in play.

whatever happened to locking the door so if he kicks it in then you will have time to grab your weapon? dont tell me the guy just left his doors unlocked and went to bed. natural selection i guess. you always want some sort of warning, rather it be the intruder breaking the glass or anything. that little space in time could be the difference between waking up with a knife in your chest and being ready with a knife of your own, or a pistol or whatever. most intruders will run when confronted with a knife or firearm. they dont want to die just to try to kill you. im guessing the killer could tell that the american wasn't very cautious or something and was confident about him having no weapons and leaving his door unlocked. r.i.p.

what happened here this morning is very sad incident for a young man to loose his life over a stupid bar fight is just ridiculous. form what i found out dashawn the american who was killed one a cool guy who just got out of the marines for an injury he aquired in iraq. and he spent his time in phuket doing muay thai but was more into weightlifting an bodybuilding and spent his time first at rawai muay thai then he went to jaruad muay thai from everyone i talked to about him said he was just a cool guy who just liked to have a good time an relax. and on the guy who stabbed him lee was last training at nai harn gym an from everyone i know who hangs out at freedom and a gym owner where he was a former student just described him as a juice head. as i do not know any of them personaly all this info comes from other people.
just a sad day in rawai

R.I.P dashawn

What a tragic loss of life. On a side note, I do like the way the Thai press reports stories. Not just snippets, but written like someone is actually telling you the story, so you get relevent details.

Ps. And, the press globally always adds quotes like this one from the story:

"the killer, who is on the run and possibly dangerous." Possibly dangerous, Ya, think?

Very unfortunate incident indeed.

:icon_chee

Not a good look for foreigners...one's that trained in Muay Thai no less. R.I.P.

Here is a picture of the Brit who murdered the American. I have seen him around for sure.

phuket-1-EmeGuSt.jpg

Crazy that you can grab a picture of him before the press. Nice work.

Wow, that could of been me.....thanks for the link.

muay thai humbled me more than anything....i used to be a scrappy kid till i really got into muay thai now im so passive, that sucks.
RIP

That why dun be stupid and get drunk next time..

That guys an idiot. That's the last time he'll ever get to fight. He just ruined his life and muay thai career. I hope he gets caught and enjoys the rest of his life at Bangkok Hilton. RIP to the American. Sucks to have survived Iraq but died in Thailand.

Back