Muay Thai Shorts for Big Guys

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Guerrillastyle, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Guerrillastyle

Guerrillastyle White Belt

I am looking for some Thai shorts for myself. I am about a 42-44 waist and was wondering where and what brand to any of you would reccomend? thanks

2. Guerrillastyle

3. muaythaigangsta

muaythaigangsta Yellow Belt

i know that the thai smai shorts run bigger than the twins . also ringside used to carry some bigger muay thai shorts under there band name

4. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

Fairtex MT shorts and clothing are sized more toward "western" sizes, and are exceptionally nice quality. Most companies based in Thailand will custom make shorts to your desired waist size. Just be sure to send the "inch" measurement for waist sizing as sizing is more often than not S, M, L, XL and then goes into the 2L, 3L, 4L, 5L, etc..., and XL in Thai sizing, is not the same as "western" XL sizing.

Ps. If you order from Thailand, inquire about shipping rates before you purchase, if they are not posted. "FightStuff" has a nice selection of Top King shorts.

:icon_chee

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. Guerrillastyle

thanks...i didn't know fairtex did custom sizing. It seems like their site has not been updated in a while...the store section at least

6. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

I am not sure that Fairtex does custom sizing, and I do not believe that they do, however, the XL in Fairtex is similar to 4L in Thai sizing, so, if Fairtex has larger sizing (ie. XXL) that should be getting in the range that you need. Also, since Fairtex put their new website up, it has quite a few things shown, however, they still have quite a few items and things that they have in-stock or available, but that may not be shown on their site yet.

:icon_chee

7. Guerrillastyle

I see, I found my old ThaisMai shorts and they fit well. They are 5L, so maybe the XXL in Fairtex might work

8. wallysparx

wallysparx Orange Belt

that should work for you. I wear 42" pants, 5L in most thai shorts brands, and fairtex in xxl. I'd say xxl is slightly larger than the 5L, but not larger enough that you'd want to go down to xxl.

9. Mumrik

Mumrik Silver Belt