Muay thai school in the SF peninsula

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by scottysevens, May 21, 2014.

1. scottysevens

scottysevens White Belt

Hey guys, the title says it all. I'm looking for a Muay Thai school in the San Francisco Peninsula. Ideally it would be near San Carlos, but I will take what I can get. From what I have been able to find the closest gyms are in South San Francisco or Mountain View. Do you guys know of any good places near San Carlos?

2. Harukaze

Harukaze Brown Belt

B Street Boxing in San Mateo and Bay Area Boxing in Belmont are as close as it'll get to San Carlos.

3. scottysevens

scottysevens White Belt

Thanks for the response. B street looks like a legit gym, and they do have some Muay Thai. Bay Area boxing looks a bit sketch. The pedigree of the trainers looks pretty poor there. I was hoping for a school that focuses on Muay Thai, but b street might be my best choice.

4. Harukaze

Harukaze Brown Belt

I peaked into both gyms before; B Street is definitely the nicer, more legit of the two gyms IMHO.

One more potential option to consider is Stanford University's Muay Thai club. I don't know anything about the quality of their training or their facilities, but I do know that they're comparatively cheap and that they allow non-students to join the club (and that the club is related to Evolve Training Center in SSF).

5. scottysevens

scottysevens White Belt

I will look into Stanford Muay Thai. After my research evolve Muay Thai is the closest pure Muay Thai gym. I could probably get there in half an hour.

6. Harukaze

Harukaze Brown Belt

Nice, lemme know what you think if/when you do stop by. I'm kinda curious myself.