Muay Thai little lady!

How would this go over in the USA?

Last edited:
5 year old girl with better clinch technique than half the glory roster lol

CPS would be called

LOL!!!

It's actually a serious question that relates to my overall theory that modern America has a "perverted" view of martial arts based on profit in the entertainment industry.

Many Americans views on martial arts come from movies and video games. This is an example of how other cultures view the practice!

Abraham Lincoln was an accomplished wrestler.

Combat Athletics have fallen out of favor with the American culture and seem to be only a spectator sport for profit opportunity or "niche" clientele.

Can you seriously imagine the modern American reaction to kids MMA???

LOL!!!

It's actually a serious question that relates to my overall theory that modern America has a "perverted" view of martial arts based on profit in the entertainment industry.

Many Americans views on martial arts come from movies and video games. This is an example of how other cultures view the practice!

Abraham Lincoln was an accomplished wrestler.

Combat Athletics have fallen out of favor with the American culture and seem to be only a spectator sport for profit opportunity or "niche" clientele.

Can you seriously imagine the modern American reaction to kids MMA???

in all seriousness CPS probably would be called.

I know it well, I used to coach a friend of mines kid who started MMA fighting at like 6, kids pancration fights. He was the local star, been in several videos, interview, etc. Here is a link to his HL video, as well as a newspaper article that tries to portray kids MMA in a negative aspect. It was not known prior to the interview it would be portrayed that way.

vid:

ARTICLE:
https://www.news.com.au/world/child...s/news-story/325306ff698e54660bb6d95da441acbf

The difference is the promotion of the kids. The Thai parents don't go out of their way to promote the kids on social media. In the US, you distinctly see the parent's influence on the kid. They make the highlight videos, they are in the pictures with the kids and you hear them coaching the kids. It's a poverty thing there vs a parent who is living their dream through their kids. Years ago, there was a parent here promoting his kid for MMA etc etc. I am just curious what ever became of the child.

When I first saw this video I didn't know what to think. Part of you admires their skill at such a young age, being a mum of a 5 yr old myself I know how hard to is to get them to focus/listen let alone practice! Another part of me worries about getting knocks to the head at such a young age and pushing the body that much when it is not fully grown yet might affect a child's development.
Anyone know the ages of these kids? Thai kids often look younger than they are to us westies i.e. a kid I was sure was about 7 training at a gym in Chiang Mai was actually 12.

Obviously getting blows to their head is bad for their health. but you should try to put yourselves in their shoes before starting imposing your western views. People in the US are killing their kids with obesity and that's even worse

this is a great cultural debate.

In thailand parents absolutely push their kids to perform at the highest levels just like american parents do.

the difference is in america we are getting softer every day....meanwhile in thailand...well you met Rena!!

Back