Muay Thai interclub

Jbro2020

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my Muay Thai interclub And was looking for everyone's opinion. Thank you. (I'm
Wearing the silver and blue shorts)

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Hey everyone, this is my Muay Thai interclub And was looking for everyone's opinion. Thank you. (I'm
Wearing the silver and blue shorts)

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Congrats. It takes stones to step in the ring, and to do your craft.
Its always a frustrating and tough to deal with someone with that height and reach, especially in a striking match due to their ranges are kick, and clinch distance, while you have punching.

Nice straights in the 3rd. I noticed you throw kicks frequently without setting up hands. Its better to set up with hands, kicks alone are easier to counter/block. Try working on throwing more combinations instead of single shots. Dutch style combinations work well (start hands, end with a kick -- eg. 1,2,3, kick)

Was this an exhibition match or an actual sanctioned amateur fight?

Your opponent looked alot more experienced than you (3-4 fights maybe?).

Hey, thank you very much for taking time to watch the videos and to reply.

That was one thing my trainer said too me after as well, That I was throwing too many single shots and that it's something for me too work on.

It was just an exhibition, I'm looking too move on to sanctioned amateur fights this year.

Haha! He was very tall indeed, when he stepped into the ring I looked at him and shit myself!

Hey man, Congrats on getting in the ring first off.

After watching the videos I completely agree about the single shots, especially your right kicks, however on some of your combos you threw two or three shots with your hands and then landed your kick which was really nice.

Also I noticed you had some good timing landing your right low kick when your opponent was rushing in, it buckled his leg in when it landed sweet.

Something I did see was you were over committing on your punches a little (especially your cross) which meant you were really loaded on your front leg, your opponent seemed to catch this and was circling off to your right meaning you have to pivot round to face him giving away a slight advantage.

Overall I thought it was a really good match.

How long have you been training MT?

Hey, Thank you very much for taking the time to watch and reply! I really do value everyone's opinion.

I am a bit gutted about the single shots to be honest, when I watched i back I thought to myself I should have thrown more combos my trainier also said this haha.

I thought I overcommitted a bit too much as well. my boxing isn't anything special to say the least! I see what you mean about being very loaded on my front leg that is something I think I've got into a habit of at the moment.

I've been training Mt for about 9 months.

Thanks again mate!

Hey, Thank you very much for taking the time to watch and reply! I really do value everyone's opinion.

I am a bit gutted about the single shots to be honest, when I watched i back I thought to myself I should have thrown more combos my trainier also said this haha.

I thought I overcommitted a bit too much as well. my boxing isn't anything special to say the least! I see what you mean about being very loaded on my front leg that is something I think I've got into a habit of at the moment.

I've been training Mt for about 9 months.

Thanks again mate!

For 9 months that is impressive dude, keep it up.

I moved from boxing to MT so loading on my front leg was something I done often and only learned by getting my front leg blasted a lot, I advise not learning this way. ha.

I found standing up straighter when exchanging helped me keep my front foot lighter, just popping my hands out and landing heavier shots with my kicks.

MT is my first martial art I've practiced I originally started it too lose weight and ended up falling in love with it!

Haha! I know the feeling of getting your front leg blasted, my sparring partners don't let me get away with it but I still do it for some reason.

That is something I will have to try when I'm back in the gym. It's mainly going to be drills on hand and leg combos.

Thanks again for the advice mate! I really appreciate it.

great job man it looked like a bad matchup for you and you did just fine.

first off, congratulations just for just doing this. I think your mistakes are common beginner mistakes.

you're too tense with a static, high guard, making your body an easy target;

your opponent is more relaxed, his guard is not so high as it's no good to rely on the gloves to block every shot. he had his chin up sometimes but you should work on getting more relaxed, moving your head and hands more, while keeping that chin tucked.

Last edited:
great job man it looked like a bad matchup for you and you did just fine.

first off, congratulations just for just doing this. I think your mistakes are common beginner mistakes.

you're too tense with a static, high guard, making your body an easy target;

your opponent is more relaxed, his guard is not so high as it's no good to rely on the gloves to block every shot. he had his chin up sometimes but you should work on getting more relaxed, moving your head and hands more, while keeping that chin tucked.

Thank you very much mate :).

I agree completely with not being relaxed I always tense up when doing things like this haha. I did a few before this but I still shit myself before everyone.

Maybe not using a static high guard is something else I should work on so thank you for that pointer.

Is there any other pointers at all you can recommend as they are all welcome.

Thank you very much again.

Back