Muay Thai instructional DVD

Sedric

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forum and was wondering what is the best Muay Thai DVD's?

Thanks in advance.

Try to find a MT/Kyukushin/Boxing/Savate School first. Supplementals should be just that, supplemental.

I have seen the Duke Roufus DVDs pretty good stuff

Rob McCullough's was good, I was kinda disappointed because the production values weren't as good

My favorite (take this with a grain of salt, because he is my teacher and it's very good to be able to review stuff from the source:icon_chee) is Duane Ludwig's set. It's 5 discs covering the whole of Duane's (and by implication Bas Rutten's) MT game sprinkled in with some more Fairtexesque stuff in the advanced kicks.

Disc 1: Basic Strikes
Disc 2: Basic Kicks
Disc 3: Advanced Strikes
Disc4: Advanced kicks
Disc5: Combos/Conditioning

Great production values, highly detailed instruction and entertaining to boot. Alot of DVDS (McCulloughs, Nogueiras guard series) are full of good info but so damn dull you don't even want to bother.

If you're interested budovideos should still have some of Duane's or you can have mine for 5k:icon_chee

Try to find a MT/Kyukushin/Boxing/Savate School first. Supplementals should be just that, supplemental.

+1

Duke Roufus are pretty good, and they have some clips on youtube. Brad Daddis has a bunch on youtube as well, and I really like them.

Not sure about a whole DVD set, but Ludwigs could be pretty good, and I know John Wayne Parr just put one out that was 4 or 5 discs.

Yeah, I liked the Duke Roufus DVDs. If you get them, buy them on eBay because they are a lot cheaper there. Also, one of the eBay sellers is actually the guy who produces the videos IIRC.

I also agree with the sentiment that DVDs should only be used as a supplement to gym training.

My favorite (take this with a grain of salt, because he is my teacher and it's very good to be able to review stuff from the source:icon_chee) is Duane Ludwig's set. It's 5 discs covering the whole of Duane's (and by implication Bas Rutten's) MT game sprinkled in with some more Fairtexesque stuff in the advanced kicks.

Disc 1: Basic Strikes
Disc 2: Basic Kicks
Disc 3: Advanced Strikes
Disc4: Advanced kicks
Disc5: Combos/Conditioning

Ludwig's set is basically Bas Rutten's style which is Dutch Kickboxing style (Combination of Japanese Kickboxing, European Boxing, Kyokushin Karate and Muay Thai) and not Muay Thai style. The Aerts, Rob Kaman and Ernesto Hoost sets are also good for those interested in Dutch Kickboxing.

For Muay Thai style, I'd say the Sakeson Janjira, Baukaw Por Pramuk, Chaumkpet and John Wayne Parr sets are really good.

Roofus set is more of a combination and mixture of American Karate (no lowkicks), US Boxing and Muay Thai. It's a little different but there's some good stuff and the unorthodoxness can catch people. He probably does one of the best jobs of explaining things because he has a command of the English language whereas most of the other guys, English is not there first language.

This must be new. I've never heard about it before.

Yeah it is new, I had seen that it was going to be released for a while on Crane Production's website & it is finally out. I can't wait to get it.

Yeah it is new, I had seen that it was going to be released for a while on Crane Production's website & it is finally out. I can't wait to get it.

I heard Mailaipets' 2nd set (elbows) wasn't very good though. Is this true?

1. Duane Ludwig's Full Force Fighting Secrets
2. Duke Roufus's series
3. John Wayne Parr's Locked and Loaded

Definitely check out Duane's though, very good explanation and good tips.

I still wish that the following people would release instructional DVD Sets:

Teddy Atlas
Emanuel Steward
Mike Tyson
Yodsaenklai Fairtex

And if they ever did release instructionals, I would hope that they are done by World Martial Arts if they are DVD's & if they released books, I would hope they were done by victory belt.

Why on earth would you want to buy a muay thai dvd when you have the internet at your disposal ?

There are hundres of sites with thousands of video tutorials out there for free (I'm not talking about or condoning piracy).

To get you started (and save you money) :

Muay Thai Techniques

youtube.com :)

Muay thai techniques - All the best muay thai techniques, moves, kicks, punches and muay thai elbows that the net has to offer. Muay thai videos, muay thai training and muay thai schools

YouTube - muay thai techniques (youtube search for 'muay thai techniques')

Why on earth would you want to buy a muay thai dvd when you have the internet at your disposal ?

There are hundres of sites with thousands of video tutorials out there for free (I'm not talking about or condoning piracy).
s[/url]

YouTube - muay thai techniques (youtube search for 'muay thai techniques')

That's exactly the problem. There are too many random youtube vidoes put out by low level guys.

If you are going to use videos to supplement your training I'd much rather prefer John Wayner Parr or Lumpini champion Chamauelpet to some random guy on youtube or an abbreviated sample clip.

Ur in KCMO? u like Tech N9ne?

Best I've seen were Alex Gong's Fairtex instructional and the Vut Kamnark Instructional.

Back